Followers

Sunday, 15 September 2013

Inspired by Henry Moore

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

A little warning that this is going to be a long post.  I hope you have all enjoyed your weekend and managed to stay dry.

My canvas today is inspired by the very talented artist and sculpture Henry Moore.  When my parents got married their best man bought them a sketch of the painting below.  This was in every home we lived in and I love it!  It is one of the reasons I was so interested in art but I never did get pass O Level.  This could be why I so love my crafting today!  I craft to please myself and hopefully inspire my fellow crafters.  My husband and I visited the Henry Moore institute in Leeds a couple of years ago.  It was amazing, I do love his work.  Below is the photograph of the painting by Henry Moore.


You can read a little bit more about this amazing sculptor here if you wish.
Here is one of his quotes:

"The artist works with a concentration of his whole personality, and the conscious part of it resolves conflicts, organized memories, and prevents him from trying to walk in two directions at the same time."

I used to sit and loose myself in this picture for hours.  I still love it today!

You can see more of his work by visiting this website



Recipe

1. 8 x 8 Canvas which I painted first with white gesso primer, then stippled with a combination of white and blue acrylic paint
2.Using Pebeo Acrylic Paints I painted the 3 objects using Iridescent Blue Black, Ivory, Cadmium Red Hue and Cerulean Blue.
3. Once objects where dry I then used assorted colours of PanPastels to add depth and dimension.
4. The lines where drawn with Spica Glitter Pens.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

18 comments:

  1. Fab canvas Linda. Gorgeous, clean, fresh colours.

    When I was at school we had to pick an artist and base all our projects on his or her work. I picked a bloke called George Herbert. I did loads of pictures of hills with horses on them and the odd sheep. The teacher never sussed that there was no such bloke as George Herbert...not that I know of anyway. I'd made him up to make it easier! Lol.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great project/card, thank you for joining the 4 Krafty Girlz Challenge good luck – hope to see you again in the next one xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Linda, truly inspired! I love your take on the painting! Thanks so much for playing at The Crafting Cafe this time!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawnxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Henry Moore!! Great canvas - you could be mega famous yet!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fabulous Linda and such a great story too - wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely wonderful art, Linda and I loved the post too. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A brilliant and inspiring canvas, well done x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful canvas, love the lovely colors. Thank you for joining us this fortnight at 4 Krafty Girlz. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the image and colours you have used xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Linda this card is fabulous love the way it flows xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous canvas Linda. Loved reading about the background to the painting. Truly inspired. With my DT hat on thanks for sharing with us at The Crafting Cafe.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really awesome hun, it's lovely to see something different and a bit more on the arty side, at the moment anything arty fascinates me as I am learning so much about it now, I am sure you would love my course hun, if you ever get the opportunity I would recommend the access to art and design course.
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous work of art. Thank you for playing along with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great take on the master himself - I've not come across this particular painting before. I love his ink and wax drawings of the underground bomb shelters during the time he was a war artist.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at The Crafting Cafe and good luck!

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  15. Striking colours thanks for joining us at 4 krafty girlz challenge blog. .. Anita DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful project love the idea thanks for joining us at Altered Eclectics in our September challenge
    Hugs txx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a fab creation. Thanks for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future monthly challenges
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx