Followers

Friday, 27 September 2013

It's Good to be Koi!

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

A beautiful sunny day here in Warrington with a bit of a breeze.  How are you all doing today, it's Friday!  Well bags and all demo items are packed now and just got to get ready before I head off to Port Sunlight for the Happy Stampers Craft show tomorrow.

I have been naughty this morning and had another play with Sheena Douglass' A little bit Oriental Stamp set.  I had an idea about using the Koi on some patterned acetate I have had for years and looks like rippling water.  Here is the finished card.  I do hope you like it.


Recipe

1. 8 x 8 square white pearlescent card
2. Navy blue card embossed using Waterlily embossing folder, swiped Versamark across the card and added silver Cosmic Shimmer mica powders.
3. Second layer is from the paper pack with the Koi on I have edged with silver marker pen
4. I prepared the acetate first by swiping over with an emery board, stamped the koi and waterlily with Versamark and embossing powder.  I stamped the sentiment "Tranquility" and embossed with white embossing powder.
5. I turned over the acetate and coloured the Koi and waterlily with Copic Sketch pens and painted over them with white acrylic paint.
6. I matted the acetate onto white card with 4 blue pearl brads and then onto the base of the card.


Thank you for Visiting Today
Hugs xxxxx

24 comments:

  1. Morning Linda, I just wanted to say thank you for the lovely message that you left on my blog.
    I just love your latest creation, it's so beautiful, the way you've stamped sheenah's koi stamp and embossed it onto the patterned acetate looks fab... love it
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WICKED card Linda x Stunning blue background x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this looks fabulous Linda - my koi is the next on my list to try xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabby card Linda. Always great when you finally find a use for a background you've had for ages, isn't? This works so well.

    Have fun at PS and behave yourself!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the koi, the backing is a fabulous colour and does look like water rippling.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card...love the Koi!
    Hugs Donna
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card I love the blue background really makes it feel watery
    Thanks for sharing wit us at Crafty Bloggers Network
    Hugs
    Kelly- DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous and I love the water effect of the background.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really does look like water, fab idea and I love the Koi. Hugs P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. fantastic and beautiful and gorgeous cards you have made Linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous result Linda, love the card. Enjoy your weekend. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. brilliant card Linda, that background looks fabulous.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulously effective card Hun, looks so realistic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow this is fabulous hun thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts hugs Seema x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, Thanks for joining us at crafty ribbons, Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's lovely and that paper so looks like amazing water. Totally gorgeous. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have some of this rippled acetate tucked away in my stash too Linda!!
    Great minds and all that.....
    Fabulous oriental card again!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that background! Looks just like water.
    Beautiful!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Linda. The background is lovely and does look like rippling water.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing card! I love the gold embossed Koi. Thank you so much for joining us at the Crafter's Companion's Embossing challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thanks for joining us at Seema Crafts just love the Koi card and hope to see more of your projects in future challenges Hugs Larelle-Susanne

    ReplyDelete
  22. We're happy you entered the crafty ribbons challenge
    P x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx