Followers

Wednesday, 23 October 2013

A Stitch in Time

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I have had a fabulous day today with Kath, we both used the "A Stitch in Time" kit by Tando to create a plaque.  We also had a visit to the Range and of course coffee and cake too!

Here is my plaque I had fun making this and can't wait until next week now when I am going to Kath's for our crafty day.


Recipe

1. I covered the bobbin shape with paper from my stash and distressed with DI Tea Dye and Victorian Velvet.
2. I covered the small bobbin with paper with tape measures on and wrapped Baker's Twine around, threaded the needle which I painted with Silver acrylic paint.
3. I painted the mannequin stand with Distress Paints Vintage Photo.
4. The mannequin I painted with pink acrylic paint then put a wash of vintage photo distress paint, wrapped brown lace/ribbon around and attached a button to the shoulder.
5. The scissors and buttons have been painted with silver acrylic paint, the handles of the scissor have been painted pink and Vintage Photo distress paint wash.  All the buttons have been threaded with Baker's Twine and made a bow.
6. To finish off I added the words SEW which have been coloured with Copic Sketch Pens.



Thank you for visiting Today
Hugs xxxxx


22 comments:

  1. I love "Tando's" creations, Linda and what an amazing plaque...love to your and Kath xxx Night hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great Linda. Thanks for the crafty hugs xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Linda - i especially like the way you write out the instructions like a recipe -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow love this Linda and love how you always do something different
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is so much detail in this design, gorgeous creation Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely plaque! Great design and beautiful colours. Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog too and for following me, I'm following you too now! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic creation Linda, love all the embellishments
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad you had fun Linda - and your plaque is fab xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great project - love all the embellishments you have made - great plaque!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab plaque. I love all the sewing themed embelishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you and Kath had a fab crafty day with some coffee and cake thrown in. Such a pity I don't live closer lol.
    A super plaque too with some lovely elements.
    mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the detail on this one Linda. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like your plaque - it would be a great gift idea for a sewing person! Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles for our current challenge - use stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun plaque, created on a fun day! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Linda, what a lovely piece and what a fun blog. Following you now on both of your gadgets. I have those same one s too. Hope you'll follow on mine as well.
    Blessings,
    Coleen
    an American in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fabulous creation Linda, lots of fab detail x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you and Kath had a good day this is a great plaque xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's a wonderful card Linda.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey Honey x Ohhh it looks fabby xx had a fab day xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really great plaque, I like the touches of silver. Thanks for sharing with UnstampaBelles.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great plaque ... very creative. Thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Many thanks for entering the Rhedd and Rosie's Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx