Followers

Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Christmas Cuddles

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

It sure is chilly here this morning!  My poor car looks like a snowball it is frosted all over.  I am off for a quick visit to see Kath today.  Looking forward to having a girly natter with a coffee and hopefully some Hobnobs.

One of the blog challenges I am going to enter this into the theme is "What Christmas means to you?"  Well Christmas for me is time spent with your loved ones, when I was a child we would visit relatives and have fun opening presents.  Quite a few of my younger years we were abroad and this was time spent with our parents, going for a swim and just having family time together.  What does it mean for you?




Recipe

1. I made an easel card from 6 x 6 square card and layered the paper over the front which is from my stash.
2. I then distressed a white doily with PanPastel Gold Metallic and added gold gems to the centre of the flowers.
3. The topper has been inked around the edges with Gold Marker pen, I added Sparkle Detail White shimmer to her boots and ear muffs, then distressed around the image with PanPastel Metallic Gold.
4. On the base of the card I matted and layered the same paper as the front with green ribbon wrapped around.  I then added a sentiment onto a banner which was cut out with Tattered Lace Christmas Sentiment Die adhered to the ribbon with foam pads to form a stopper. 
5. To finish off I added 2 cream and gold bows either side of the sentiment.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card,love the image and great design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute creation Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. very beautiful card Linda.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just precious with beautiful design paper and colouring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda this is a gorgeous card, hun, love the image, so cute.

    Christmas for me is Family and Friends time, plain and simple..love the easiness and cosines of this time of year, love Christmas, every bit, off it...hope you have a fabulous Christmas my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute...really love these images.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a wonderful card Linda and some lovely memories too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, Linda! Very festive! Love the topper!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, a fabulous card and image. Love the papers, beautiful colours too.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work Linda, gorgeous stamp you used. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet Linda. Christmas is family time here too. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful, Linda! Love the doily and the kitten in the image. Donning my DT hat -- Thanks for entering our challenge at Tuesday Throwdown and telling us what Christmas means to you. Love the memories it brings back.
    NanaConnie DT
    PS We're having a DT call -- why don't you think about applying?

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh this is gorgeous love the design of the cards and the use of those WRS papers with this beautiful topper, a fabulous entry into the Hobby House Special Christmas Event
    have a great Christmas
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty and I love the paper you used on your easel card. I am very glad you entered this week at Tuesday Throwdown. I hope you had fun!!! See you back very soon to play in another fun challenge.

    TTFN,

    CraftyGirl
    craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com
    Tuesday Throwdown DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous easel card Linda. Such a lovely image and papers. Like you christmas means lots of family time.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. First off 'Merry Christmas'.... Thank you so much for joining in with the LEJ Designs Challenge No. 84 - Anything Goes.

    As always Linda, an absolutely stunning card. The image is wonderful with the traditional Christmas colours. The backing is bold and beautiful and really makes this card stand out for the right reasons. Wonderful shape and finishes.

    This is the last Challenge of the year, as well as the last 'weekly challenge'. As of the 7th January, we will be going to Monthly Challenges and I hope you will join in with plenty more of our challenges in 2014.

    <3 & Hugs
    Lisa xxxx LEJ DT Organiser

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx