Followers

Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Christmas Tree Table Decoration

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

How are you all getting on with your Christmas preparations?  All our Christmas cards were sent yesterday, presents are all bought but just need to be wrapped and of course Christmas food shopping to be done and we are all set.

Kath (aka Mucky Paws) did a drawing of a Christmas tree for Sue and Harvey of Imagination Crafts earlier in the year and it was made into MDF.  Kath and I were given one of the prototypes each to have a play with.  This is what we were doing last week.  I have finished mine, and as always Kath and I have done totally different styles to our tree.

As my dining room is blues, I went for silver and blue.  I didn't go overboard as with having 2 cats you can imagine what will happen!  I am pleased with how it looks and it will look great on my dining room table on Christmas Day.


I have painted first with a mixture of silver and blue acrylic paint.
Once dry I stamped the fir tree branches and acorns
I have added Detail Sparkle to the Cones to add a bit of glitter.
Using Mica Paints I have edged the tree like a gilding wax.


I cut out a circle and painted this silver and blue to match the tree and inked the edge with deep blue.
Using Tim Holtz Cones and Fir Tree branches cut out blue and silver leaves and cones.
I placed branches and cones between each segment with Pinflair

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

28 comments:

  1. Fabulous table decor Linda!! love the shape of the funky tree! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Linda great table decoration xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is gorgeous Linda beautiful done.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous table tree I like the design the colours and the sparkle.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab design, clever old Kath, love what you've done with it, I think it looks perfect "less is more" love the cool colours too, very pretty.
    We're all ready too, we are off on Friday morning to Canada, getting really excited now, just a bit of last minute washing ironing ready for packing and the usual mad clean and tidy before leaving lol! Why do we do that?? Lol woohoo! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great centre piece for your table Linda...and such an on trend design too....have a good evening...Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning project Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous table decoration!!! That tree is so pretty and love all the blues in it. Be sure and keep the cats away now!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous,fab design.x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous table decoration. The colour is so pretty and I am sure that you will win all the challenges you entered this into.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Linda - this is awesome - it would go so well in my lounge (that's blue too!) Love it!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely table decoration Linda, the colours are gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous decoration Linda.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. aw this is so cool Linda - really love it - will have to get one of these to do! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tree. Love the color. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges

    ~~Chris
    Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a gorgeous table decoration Linda, it will definitely be a feature on Christmas Day x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow just Stunning Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. wonderful idea love it.Thank you so much for sharing with us at Crafty Blogger network facebook site hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a gorgeous project. Would look stunning on a Christmas table. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is incredible, Linda! Where can I get my hands on one of the kits? This is the kind of thing that brings back such wonderful memories of my dad. I could have shown him a picture of this and he'd go out to his shop and come back in an hour with all the parts and pieces needed. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow this is so beautiful. I would also like the kit for this as it would look great with two on my buffet for Christmas. I love homemade things. My blog addy is www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com if there is a kit to be had I would love to know about it. Very creative of you to do this one. Thanks for joining in the fun at Created With Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful Linda and will look lovely gracing your table on christmas day.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow brilliant decoration & such a pretty colour, love this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG, this is stunning, I love the shape off the tree, how talented is Kath, love all the images and colours, will look fabulous in your newly decorated room. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very lovely creation! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx