Followers

Saturday, 28 December 2013

Owl Love

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Oh what a lovely inky messy play I have had today, playing with my distress stains, paints and inkadinks.  Making allsorts of backgrounds, using my stencils and distress inks and off course my new Steampunk Birds stamps from Chocolate Baroque which I treated myself too before Christmas as a present to myself.  Well it would have been rude not too, don't you think. 

Today's card I have used the Owl, I love owls and of course you all know I love my Steampunk too!

 
Recipe
 
1. Kraft card 6 x 6 square for the base.
2. Green card is the first layer which is matted and layered at an angle.
3. The second layer is one of the background I have made today using Distress Stains in Tattered Straw and Old Paper.  Once this was dry I used Faded Jeans on the honeycomb and diamond stencil. I then used Vintage Photo on the Cogs stencils.  I then adhered this to the green card and wrapped Baker's twine around one side.
4. The Owl has been stamped onto another background using Distress Paints using Versafine and embossed with Stampendous Embossing Powder.
5. I attached the heart charm to the brad which I attached to the cog.
6. To finish off I stamped the saying with reads "Owl you need is Love" with Versafine and embossed, then added the winder with Pinflair and the wooden top hat.
 
I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
 
Alphabet Challenge Blog - W for whatever you wish
Crafts 4 Eternity #156 - Something New (Stamps)
Simply Steampunk Challenges - Anything Steampunk
Sister Act Card Challenge #38 - Anything Goes
Stampin for the Weekend - Anything Goes
 
Thank you for visiting Today
Hugs xxxxx

15 comments:

  1. this is fabulous Linda - I loved the look of those stamps too - might still have to have them! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous Linda looks great.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant card Linda, love everything and the owl is great too x

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like u had great fun - fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A real fun card Linda, love the owl stamp and the background. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic card linda, love the colour and those brilliant stamps.
    Happy new year to you and your family.

    pamx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome looking steampunk owl, thanks for joining us at Simply Steampunk Challenges (c:

    ReplyDelete
  8. It certainly would have been rude to not treat yourself hehe Fabulous work as always Linda, the owl is amazing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of treating yourself for Christmas, Linda, LOL...fantastic card, love all the textures here, love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning steampunk style card Linda. Love the background and the gorgeous stamps. Will have to check these out.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card thanks for joining us at SFTW challenge, good luck cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Linda! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week Happy New Year! hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cool owl! Thanks for joining in at Simply Steampunk Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh Fab...
    Thanks for joining the challenge at SCC
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx