Followers

Monday, 2 December 2013

The Holly and the Ivy

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Where has this morning gone? I can't believe it is nearly 3 o'clock!  I have had a few errands to run this morning and am in the process of getting the last of my Christmas cards made.  I have another 50 more to finish off and then phew that it is for this year.  No more Christmas cards for me this year, I will start again in the New Year.

My card today is using an image from Delicious Doodles, their theme this time is inspired by a movie.  Do you know that there is a film called The Holly and The Ivy?  It starts Ralph Richardson, Denholm Elliott and Margaret Leighton.  I knew there was a Carol but a film!  It is an old one and is in black and white.


Recipe

1. 7 x 7 square cream card which I have matted and layered snowflake card.
2. The second layer is cream and gold card with holly embossed and cut out with Spellbinder Decorative Oval die.
3. I printed the image which is from Delicious Doodles onto Supersmooth and coloured with my Copic Ciao Pens, I have used Spica glitter pen on her wings.  I have distressed around the image with PanPastels Metallic Gold.
4. I have added the sentiment and made a double bow.
5. To finish off I have added 3 green snowflakes.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

37 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, this is such a pretty card. Love the image and the cream and gold oval draws your attention to the image in the centr. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and the bow is a nice touch.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO lovely!!! Those colors are just gorgeous together. Very beautiful and elegant card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Linda ..... The gold frame cut with Holly is very striking and I love the contrast of your rich green bow against the soft backing paper. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's Beautiful Love the colour on your bow to Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, lovely image and colours!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda, I just love this, love how you have coloured that DD image hun, great work as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Linda. I especially love the die cut border. It relfects the colours beautifully x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda, this is just gorgeous! I love that image! Great design & lovely colours too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Linda, I like the dreamy look of the image the frame and the background.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Linda love the colour scheme and the layout x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very beautiful card Linda, pretty image and love the green bow.
    Hugs
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card :-) And I love your blog background too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous card Linda. I love the wonderfully coloured image and the snowflake card x

    ReplyDelete
  15. really pretty Linda - crikey - 50 cards still to do is alot - good luck with that xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda, wow I love this card, love the image she is beautiful. Great colours.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  17. hi Linda, this is gorgeous, love the image and beautiful design.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful card Linda, so dreamy. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely work Linda, that image is just striking. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very pretty card. Thanks so much for joining us over at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  21. A gorgeous card Linda. Love the gold die cut surrounding the gorgeous image. Good luck with getting your christmas cards done.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful Sweetie, I love that image xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. A gorgeous card Linda, love the colours and design. Sorry I haven't left any comments the past few days, will try and do better - PROMISE! love and hugs lol x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous image & design, linda. Fab colours too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. A very pretty card and a beautiful image.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A gorgeous image and design. Thank you for joining us at Robyns Fetish Challenge. Marlene Dt

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Wags N Whiskers

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fantastic, Linda! Love that image and the way you colored it. I've not seen that movie but have heard of it. Thanks for playing along at Delicious Doodles this challenge. :-D NC DT

    ReplyDelete
  29. Omg, I am a fan of fairies. Your coloring is just beautiful and I totally like the way you did your green bow. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT.
    Deborah OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh how lovely sweetie!!

    Thank you so much for joining us in our Inspired By a Movie Challenge this week at Delicious Doodles and good luck!

    Hugs,
    Karen. DT.xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wonderful card and fab bow!! Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck! Hugs

    NIKKI DT

    ReplyDelete
  32. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT, x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx