Followers

Thursday, 16 January 2014

Flourishes and Butterflies

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

A quick post tonight as I have quite a bit of admin to get sorted tonight after a busy day putting up shelves in my craft room and then sorting out all my stash and filling up my new storage.

Tonight I am sharing one of the canvases  I made yesterday at Kath's, It sure was lovely to be crafting with my good friend and we sure had a good time getting mucky paws, Kath's were worse than mine, I don't know how she does it :)



I painted the canvas first with Gesso. using Imagination Crafts Apple Blossom Stencil and Gesso with glass beads in at the top I stencilled this along the top 3 times.  I then pale blue with a touch of dark blue acrylic paint to tone it down.  Once this was dry I mixed Translucent paste with blue mica powder and stencilled the flourish mask around the bottom of the canvas.
I stamped the butterflies which are from Chocolate Baroque onto card which I had painted with what was left from the translucent paste with Versafine and embossed with clear embossing powder.
I added PVA glue spots to parts of the flourishes and dropped crushed glass onto this and left to dry.
Using Tim Holtz distress paint in white and dusted over the blossom.



This is a close up of the canvas.

Thank you for visiting today
Hugs xxx

24 comments:

  1. Fabulous design and detail Linda. I love it.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful! I love all the butterflies on this.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed - putting up shelves! Is there no end to your talents!! I love your canvas - beautiful design and colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful canvas,love the colour and butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ow what a fabulous canvas love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the fluid movement of this design. Helene

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a very beautiful Canvas you are so creative Linda.
    Hope you got your "Mucky paws clean"
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so so beautiful hun hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Linda. By the way, you do realise that getting tech to work also depends on how you hold your mouth. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your canvas Linda,gorgeous butterflies.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby card Linda, I love the butterflies and like the way you have used the crushed glass. I have some of this but haven't used it yet. Maybe I'll give it a try. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful Linda love the design & the butterflies look gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is really beautiful Linda - gorgeous - those butterflies look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. brilliant canvas Linda, beautiful creation.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Linda I like those butterflies.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous work Linda, I love the beautiful butterflies. Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful Linda. Love the texture.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous Linda, I think it is one of the most beautiful pieces you have done - love it! Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Linda, I do love your Canvases, but this one, is just everything I love, amazing colour, would go lovely in my Living room, LOL..love my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous canvas, lovely colours and textures.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx