Followers

Friday, 31 January 2014

My Craft Journal

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

A wet and miserable day here in Warrington!  I hope you have all managed to stay dry if you have had to go out in the rain.  Another productive day in my craft room.  The first photograph I am showing you is what I made using the Faux Leather technique that Sheena Douglass showed on Create and Craft on Monday with Kraft Card.


These were made using embossing folders we had the one on the left has been distressed with Wild Honey and Scattered Straw.  The one on the right I have used Forest Moss and Peeled Paint


My embossing folders arrived yesterday so this is what I have made today.  I have made my own craft journal.  I have used the Ivy Leaf embossing folder and distressed with Dusty Concord, I made a flap and used a fastening like a belt.  I have used Tim Holtz alphabet on the front and metal corners for the front and back.


For the inside of the journal I have attached purple card and made two pockets, I tried the same technique onto watercolour card and quite pleased with the effect I then used the A4 flower folder and then distressed the pockets with Dusty Concord.  I have added the pages with needle and thread and voila my very own journal.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

25 comments:

  1. More than gorgeous!!! I love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Linda,I was watching Sheena's you tube video on this technique.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda love the way you combined the embossing folders and inks...I have to try the technique
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE this, im going to have a go at this have to dig out my few embossing folders ans see what might work x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, these are absolutely amazing, I did see the show but forget to get the glycerine today.
    Now when I have seen your note books I must have a go.

    Thank you for your kind comments, they are very much appreciated coming from such a talented crafter as your self.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this looks fabulous just like leather Linda.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous Linda, I've tried to buy glycerin this week but with no luck! I guess more peeps round er watched it too :( lol can't wait to give it a go xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab journal covers Linda! I didn't see the tutorial but it's obviously a very effective technique. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work. Love it. Thanks for linking your page. I now follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I meant to watch that programme with Sheena, but other things got in the way. I might try to see if I can watch it back on the app tonight. I love those covers you have done, really good for presents etc. Glad yu liked that video. There are loads more out there on YouTube. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fabulous Linda, love them all. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow fabulous project Linda a great design, love this xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is wonderful Linda. Looks like a fab technique which I will have to try.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely fabulous Linda - clever you!! Your craft journal is so beautiful - love the embossing,
    xx

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi Linda, fabulous work, forgot my glycerin with the shop yesterday, so sent hubby to chemist, just need some time to play now.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda, This is so gorgeous, I hope you are well.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look brilliant Linda. I must give this technique a go when I have a little time. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh these are stunning hun, I absolutely love the textures and the different colours
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I saw this technique too. Your creations look great.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great journal! Many thanks for entering the Crafty Hands Challenge and good luck! Melissa (DT) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous creations Linda, I love your Journal, love the Leather look, well done you, hugs hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely stunning, thank you for sharing this. Thank you so much for joining us at PCJ for our Emboss That Challenge.
    I hope we see you next month too Karen P, Paper Crafting Journey DT http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Super Lovely

    Becka DT Craftyhands Challenge Blog xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx