Followers

Sunday, 5 January 2014

New Home

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Another good productive day in my crafty piece of heaven.  I got out my Gelli plate to create a background for today's card.  I decided to experiment by stipple the acrylic paint onto the plate instead of brayering to create a background for the card I wished to make.  After 2 attempts I was really pleased with how his turned out.  I hope you do too!


Recipe

1. 8 x 8 white square card which I have matted and layered black card onto.
2.  The topper has been made using my Gelli Plate I  first cut out a circle mask and then I gently stippled blue and green acrylic paint onto it, once happy I put my card over and brayered then removed.  Using Adirondak Juniper I distressed over the green and Distress Ink Weathered Wood distressed the sky.  Using the paper I had cut the circle out of I place this over the sky so the white was showing through and coloured the circle with Adirondak Buttercup. I added bleach to my paintbrush and draw a few lines across the sun to show clouds.
3. The Castle, Scarecrow and flowers all Clarity Stamps where then stamped with Versafine and embossed with Stampendous clear embossing powder.
4. Onto Supersmooth card and using the Letter box Set I stamped New Home with Versafine and embossed.
5. To finish off I added a Key and Lock Charm.


Thank you for Stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

24 comments:

  1. Love the colours and design Linda. Reminds me of summer on this cold, dull day.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this, not got that stamp i dont think ,and i not got the jelly plate keep thinking maybe to get it

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great scene created Linda. The grass looks fabulous.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've certainly got the texture Linda, love this card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great card Linda, love the way you've created the background. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous background you have created, lovely colours, super new home card
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful work Linda, makes a good new home card,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful x great new home card
    you could enter it into glitter n sparkle challenge anything goes x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great Linda. Very effective background and love the little scene.
    mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Linda: Love your card--wonderful. Thanks for entering our Challenge #52 - "Anything Goes"

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. the background looks cool Linda - will have to try this xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic work as always Linda, great new home card!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work, thanks for joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card! Love the added key! Thank you for joining us at Card Makin Mamas this week! HUGS

    Kim
    CMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love to see new ways of getting the paint onto the Gelli plate, and this is a fabulous idea.
    Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous idea for a New Home card, great combination of stamps and stunning scene..love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've created a lovely scene Linda and such a lovely idea for a "new home" card, I think the stipple effect is fab, I must have a play with my Gelli plate again, I've not had it out for a while xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great design! Thanks so much for sharing at Simply Create Too!

    Hugs, Marja
    Simply Create Too DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the stippled effect on the gelli plate. Hope you have enjoyed entering the Clarity Challenge. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Linda, another great card design from you...it is so good to see how you are using your Gelli plate....Thank you for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck...Hugs Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining CMM Challenge! Lilia DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. I always like to see some good Gelli Plate work. Love the scene you have made for the background. Great Card. Good Luck in our Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx