Followers

Monday, 21 April 2014

A little on the Dark Side

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I hope you have all had a lovely Easter break.  We had no internet connection this morning for a couple of hours which put me behind on my admin!  I wasn't impressed I can tell you.  Virgin Media had a message saying it would be back about 1.30 pm, luckily it returned earlier.  I can't believe how lost I felt not being able to connect to the internet.

Tonight's card I made for our One Word Wonder over on Mad Crafters Giggle Facebook Group.  My lovely friend Lisa won yesterday's challenge and her word for today was "Dark", now this was well and truly out of my comfort zone but this is what I made.  What do you think?  Lisa makes the most fabulous "dark" cards, why not hop on over and visit and see for yourself.


Recipe

1. A4 gold pearlescent card scored to create A5 landscape card.
2. First layer is copper pearlescent card which I have added velvet ribbon and lace across the middle before matting and layering onto the base card.
3. The Topper is from Lelli-Bot Crafts Fantasy Fairies Kit which I have matted and layered onto black and dark green card then matted and layered at a jaunty angle.
4. Using black lace I made 3 flowers and added wooden beads to the centres.
5. To finish off I added a stick pin which I made a while ago and heart with wings charm.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Left of Centre Challenges #29 - Anything Goes - Dark Side
Punk you Girl - Lavish Lace
Crafty Calendar Challenge - Things with Wings

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx


23 comments:

Heather said...

Oooh dark indeed and yes, very different from your usual style but always good to get out of your comfort zone now and again! Heather x

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Very very different.. I do love the orange and black... Px

Stephanie said...

Lovely card. Not one for the dark side but this is excellent.

jane stillman said...

Know what you mean when you have no internet, you feel so cut off from everything. A great card Linda, the orange and black go so well together x

Kandy's Krafts said...

Gorgeous card Linda with such lovely stunning colours.

Avril Ann said...

I love your dip into the Dark, Linda, we will convert you yet, LOL..glad you have your internet back and running, nothing worse hun, hugs xxx

KarinsArtScrap said...

its a beautiful card Linda.

gr karin

Pat Taylor said...

Deffo on the dark side Linda. Love the orange and black colours it's fabulous xxx

Dawn Lancaster said...

Gorgeous Linda, I have seen tht image before she's mighty pretty!
Great stick pin too!
Hugs
Dawn xx

Cumbrianlass said...

Very different from your usual type of card, but it is fabulous
and the bright orange card base is perfect.
Janet xxx

Laine said...

Love this Linda, fabulous image. I hate it when the internet goes down. Always at the wrong time.
Laine
xx

Lelli-Bot Crafts said...

Another gorgeous make using our Fantasy Fairies set. Thank you, as always, for making something so beautiful with our products xxx

jimlynn said...

It may have been out of your comfort zone but it's beautiful!! Very nice card!
Sorry about the internet - since our server goes out often I know the feeling.
Lynn

mags said...

Very different from your usual style Linda but a lovely card. This would be very much out of my comfort zone. Glad your internet came back, I too would be lost without mine.
Mags
x

pam said...

fabulous card Linda, really different this image.
pam

rachel said...

a great dark card Linda - wonderful image - big hugs rachel x

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Linda, I like the image, and the wonderful colours.
Kevin xx

Jennifer Bradley said...

Beautiful card, love the colours and embellishments.
Jennifer xxx

Steph said...

Beautiful card! I'm so glad you've stepped out of your comfort zone to join us at PunkYouGirl. Thanks for sharing your creation with us.

Cathy P. said...

Great colors and eye for details. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog. Cathyxx

NanaConnie said...

I really like this, Linda, and I don't like most things on the dark side. If I had to do one, I don't know that I could even find anything anyone else would consider 'dark' in my collection of images. Great color combo with the black and melon.

Keren Howell said...

Great card! I like dark themed projects and I LOVE this. Colours are gorgeous. Thank you for joining in the fun at Left of Center. xxx Keren

SAMARA said...

Very neat! What an interesting combo of different items and you really make them work with drama! Thanks for coming to LOC for our Dark challenge and hope you will come over for our present one "spring fling". Best of luck. Samara, DT LOC