Followers

Thursday, 29 May 2014

A little Shabby Chic

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors 

I would like to share with you all something a bit different today.  I am in a group on Facebook called Chic Craftique and there are some very talented crafters from all over the world.  I am so loving shabby chic at the moment and have lots of ideas for future projects!  This post is a bit photo heavy but I hope you enjoy.

Another thing that has surprised me is how so very popular doilies are! I have been making doilies on and off for over 30 years.  My Turkish mother-in-law taught me how to crochet whilst I was living in Turkey over 30 odd years ago.  They use very fine cotton called Dantel, I am off to Turkey again for my holiday this year so will be hoping to get some as they make the most beautiful fine doilies which will look beautiful on those smaller pieces of shabby chic projects.

Anyway the lovely Michelle Pipeling has made a you tube video on how to make a shabby chic flower.  


I made this using material I had in my stash and the doily which I added to the base is from my stash as is the button centre.

The next flowers were made from watching Tricia's You Tube video on loop shabby chic flowers.


I have used circles of felt to adhere the material and added buttons to the centres.

The next few photos are doilies I have made over the past 20 or so years.  I did have a lot more than this but they seem to have gone astray and I can't find any more other than these which is so annoying.  These will be popping up on future projects that I have planned.


These are made with Turkish Dantel cotton


I copied this from a book and was really proud as this was one of my first projects


White Dantel Cotton


This is made up of small squares to make the bigger square


These are what I have been working on this past week in the evenings whilst watching TV.

I hope you have enjoyed today's post and thank you for visiting
Hugs xxxxx







17 comments:

  1. This looks amazingly difficult Linda but absolutely fabulous
    P xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda - your doily making skills are excellent - these are all beautiful. Your shabby chic flowers are just the right finishing touch for the beautiful doilies - love the - excellent project.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are super, love the flowers, I will have to watch the video's. The dollies are stunning and should make super projects

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow gorgeous flowers and projects you have made Linda.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. These flowers are beautiful, Linda.....so are all your crochet doilies, love them! I'm back into crocheting at the mo, making things for Eva. There are some great crochet groups on Facebook, give me a shout if you want further deets.....their stuff is absolutely amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, wow these are beautiful, I would so love to crochet. So very pretty.

    Hugs Erin x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shabby fabric flower and those doilies are amazing.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, these are beautiful Linda. I love to crochet but don't seem to be able to find the time at the moment.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous doilies and flowers linda. brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Linda! You are obviously very skilled at your crochet too!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous flowers Linda, wish I could crochet, had loads from my late Mum..did not keep them..always come round again dont they..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda these are really fab hun thank you so much for sharing your lovely work hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your flowers Linda, they're amazing. I used to do crochet a long time ago, nothing more difficult than doilies and blanket squares lol!
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers are gorgeous and the doilies are fab. You are sooo talented x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Utterly amazing, Linda, how lovely to be able to crochet with such fine wool, beautiful doilies, my lovely friend, hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning creations, one and all Linda. So much creative loveliness. Fabulous.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are inspiring me to do more of the delicate style of crochet again. Your doilys are beautiful. Thank you for your visits this week. I certainly did have a great time away for the weekend and came back with loads of new ideas to play with, Have a good week. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx