Followers

Saturday, 24 May 2014

Christmas Eve

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I have made a Christmas card today! What you are all saying, well the weather isn't exactly summery today it is very chilly and the light is terrible.  I do have a good excuse though and that is I made this for the One Word Wonder challenge that Zoe set for today.

I have used Visible Image stamps on this card as I do love this poem written by Helen.  Why not check out their stamps, they really are good quality and stamp a dream.


Recipe

1. 7 x 7 cream pearlescent square base card.
2. First layer is deep red card with corners punched with X-cut corner punch
3. Second layer is dark green which I have embossed with Trailing Ivy embossing folder.
4. The topper is cream pearlescent card with a gold tint to it, I have stamped the poem and Santa with Versamark and then embossed with Distress embossing powder, I then wrapped gold ribbon around to corners then matted and layered onto the card.
5. To finish off I have added deep red pearl gems to the bottom ribbon and then cut out the ivy and added to the top corner.

I would like to thank you all for your visits and your comments!
I do read them all!
Love and Hugs xxxxx





24 comments:

  1. Lovely image and detail Linda. Hope it cheers up soon.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fab Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous Christmas card Linda, at least you've made a start lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful Linda - a great card. Hope you're having a good weekend and are enjoying playing with your new toy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Linda!
    Love & Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and it's just never too early to start on Christmas cards!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is great hun I adore this hugs cheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely christmas card Linda. Hope you are having a good weekend.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is lovely Linda I like the verse and the santa.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous Linda, I love that Verse and the Santa is brilliant, hope you have a fabulous day, hugs my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Linda love the verse

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a wonderful card Linda.

    gr karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. morning Linda, seems an age since I visited blog land but hey ho. this is a lovely card and fab words but noooo I don't want to think about Chrimbo -- not until July anyway he he he he xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. très élégante création Linda, sobre et chic, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful Christmas card, Linda. I do love the poem! Great Santa and the little pop of red you put on his head is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty Design Thank you for sharing with us over at Completely Christmas
    we would love to see you back again next week for another great challenge.....
    Hugs
    Suzy B Owner Completely Christmas
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great card Linda - reminds me to get some more done myself!! the Santa image is fabulous!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card Linda and thanks so much for sharing with us at Completely Christmas hugs Judith DT x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving this Linda - sorry I missed it - hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very pretty card! Love how you made the poem the focal point. Thanks for playing with CSAYL.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely card Linda, you've got to love Christmas any time of year! Our poem looks great in gold. Thanks for entering our Challenge this month.... Good Luck! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 13 with your lovely card - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for May - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Christmas card! Great to get ahead of the curve. Thanks for joining us for the Visible Image Anything Goes challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely Christmas card. Love the design and the colours you used.
    Thanks for joining us at Christmas at Sweet Stampin' and I hope you'll be back again.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx