Followers

Thursday, 31 July 2014

A Little bit Grungy

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I went to Kath's yesterday for our usual crafting session.
Kath challenged me to make something grungy, I don't mind grungy but enjoy my pretty cards too.

Here is what I made, Kath gave me a piece of Kraft Card, Tag, String, Paper clip, Plasterer's bonding, Die cut umbrella man, distress inks and embossing powder and a Tim Holtz stamp set.


Step by Step

1. 7 x 7 cream square card.
2. The Kraft card I randomly stamped the butterflies with Versamark and embossed with Frantage aged wine, distressed around the card with my scissors then distressed the edges with DI Black Soot. Using the Plasterer's bonding I layered this onto the card. I then wrapped the string around and tied into a knot before matting and layering onto the base card
3. I stamped the flourish on the stamp using Dusty Concord, stamped the sentiment and embossed with gold embossing powder, distressed the edges scissors and DI Black Soot, added the string to the top. I attached the paper clip to the side and matted and layered with foam pads.
4. The umbrella man I distressed with seedless preserve the used Frantage aged black. I didn't cover all of the die cut but pleased with how it turned out.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs xxxxx

29 comments:

  1. Another super card Linda, I love the colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is stunning and eye catching Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun yesterday.. Fab card I do love a bit of grunge,Px

    ReplyDelete
  4. This a great make considering you do not do these types.
    Love the way you have put it all together xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card Linda. The tag itself looks fabulous. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, Grunge, Linda, I feel the same about Grunge, love the look, but struggle to create it, this is brilliant though, hope you gave Kath an equally fine, challenge, LOL..hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great grunge tag but I love the little bit of bling too xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous grungy card Linda.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your grunge card Linda, it's fabulous, Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool card. Love all the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This may not seem your usual style, Linda, but I can still see your touches in it. :-D Love the umbrella man! It's great that you have bits of him untouched by the frantage. The embossed butterflies are marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is wonderful Linda - looks like you had a great day! hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly look to have had fun with different techniques for this eyecatching creation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. liking this rather muchly. love mr rainman. i really need to get that die xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome card, Linda! And, it's perfect for our 'Anything Goes' theme for this week!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at ATSM this week! Hope you'll come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastic Linda, love the grungy look and detail..
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fantastic card Linda. I love the background you've created and the Frantage. The sentiment is wonderful x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing mixture of techniques. LOVE the embossing. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous, so much texture and sparkle, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very cleverly created LInda, I do love to do this sort of art and lately there seems to be more and more of it on the blogs and I love it....have all the gear just need time...you are welcome to joining in the candy...The Journey is the Start


    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Linda! I've just bought a new notebook and want to do something with the covers, eventually lol :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic, great use of some unusual items.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Linda this is just stunningly creative. Love the touches that looks like metal.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is just great Linda. Love the design and all the elements. I struggle with grunge but you do it so well.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous hun, love all the distressing and the textures
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic card - love the grunge look x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely grungy card! Thank you for sharing it with us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Justyna xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Fabulous card Linda! Love all the embossing!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx