Followers

Thursday, 24 July 2014

Prima Doll Canvas

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I had a lovely day with my parents who are both keeping well.

I got home this afternoon to finish off my Prima Doll Canvas which I started yesterday when Kath was here.

The Julie Nutting Prima doll is called Bolero.
.

First I painted an 8 x 10 inch canvas with Pebeo Gesso and greengold acrylic paint, once this was dry I added the music note tissue paper. I then added Inca gold around the edge of the canvas.
The wooden MDF cleft I painted with a mixture of cream and brown and once dry used Inca Gold around the edges and adhered to the Canvas.


Using Kaiser Craft Heirloom Collection paper I cut out Memory Box Virtuoso Music die and adhered to canvas. The letters I inks with Versafine and embossed with clear embossing powder.
In the top corner I added a metal corner with a green large gem.
The doily is my own which I have attached stick pins and roses to the centre.


I stamped the doll onto Supersmooth and using Copics coloured her hair, face arms and legs. I stamped the image again onto the Heirloom Paper for her dress, bolero and head band.
To finish off I added another of my doilies with a cream rose and a metal trumpet charm.

Thank you for stopping by and leaving such lovely comments.
I do appreciate you all.
Hugs xxxx


24 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice time with your parents, and lovely to read that they are keeping well. That canvas is lovely love how you have done it and the colours you selected. Thanks for sharing Hugs Kelly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Linda, love the colours and the Prima Doll. The embellishments are gorgeous too - and such beautiful doillies and flowers xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous canvas, I love Julie's Dolls and your crocheted doilies are fabulous!! Elizabeth xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Linda. Such fabulous detail and sweet image.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Outstanding Canvas, Linda, so much gorgeous detail, loving these dolls, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so very beautiful Linda.
    lots to see on.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow I love this. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Linda,these dolls are rather addictive.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful canvas Linda. I love the colours and the stamp. Your paper piecing and flower doily are fabulous x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you had a nice visit & your parents are well! I love your canvas! You're really enjoying your Prima Dolls aren't you!
    Hugs

    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous project Linda - featuring your beautiful doilies!!
    It's a fabulous canvas with lots of detail - love the Prima doll too!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi Linda, wonderful canvas, love the image and gorgeous colours.
    glad you enjoyed your outing.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Linda, I love the way you combined the flower embellies on the doily! Fab creation. Now, adjusting my DT hat -- I'm so happy to see you playing along at Through the Craft Room Door this week. Good luck and hope to see you again next week.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh it looks fabby!!! great to see it all together lol :) love that huge treble clef I might have to get a couple ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A pretty canvas, lots to see,love the music theme too.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge at Rhedd's Creative Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just stunning loving the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another stunning project, Jane. I love the colors you've used

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning canvas... The detail is Gorgeous, love the crochet flowers & beautiful Prima doll...Simply Perfect....Thank you for joining us at Craft my life challenge... Hugs May x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous canvas Linda. Great image and love all the detail.
    mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! I'm a sucker for music score paper, and I'm still loving the Prima dolls. Thank you again for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is fab - gorgeous thankyou for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month.
    Eclectic Ellapu - Owner
    Altered Eclectics - Owner
    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    DT Crafty Ribbons

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous Linda! Love the colours, and I keep trying to get more and more inspired to go for it and do a canvas!

    That big Treble Clef is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx