Followers

Thursday, 7 August 2014

Stick Pin Book

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

A quick post this morning as off to see one of my friends for lunch and a good catch up.

Last month I took part in a stick pin swap.  I have 18 stick pins coming from USA and wanted something to keep them in as a keep sake.

I had this idea buzzing around in my head for a while and managed to make a start and actually finished it yesterday. Now I admit that I am not a seamstress, and this is my first attempt at something like this.  I have really enjoyed making this and will be trying something else in the not too distant future.


Using cardboard that my new bedding was wrapped in I cut it down to 20 cm square, it had a spine which is what I wanted.  I adhered wadding to both back and front.  I then wrapped the material around and stitched in place. On the sides and inserted organza and satin ribbon before stitching the sides.
Over the top I attached the pale pink crochet piece which came from Ooh-la-la Vintage Treasures and sewed lace down the side. On the spine of the folder I attached lace and ribbon trim. Along the top and bottom I attached pearl trim.  
On the front I added an appliqué piece and made a flower with doilies, lace and satin with an old pearl brooch to the centre. 
I made 3 stick pins which pearls, gems and butterflies and the metal butterfly I have attached 2 diamante gems to the antenna.


On the back of the book I made another doily flower with doily, sequined flower and a pearl and bling old brooch. I also added 6 diamante pieces either side of the flower and an appliqué butterfly. 


On the inside of the book I added pearl trim across the top. Down the centre I added ribbon and lace trim with a ribbon flowers on the top and bottom.
On one side I criss-crossed pink ribbon and added heart shaped buttons. 
On the other side I added dusky pink pleated ribbon.


Thank you for stopping by Today
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

33 comments:

  1. Such a stunning project Linda. Wonderful material, design and detail. So beautiful.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Linda, gorgeous folder for your stick pins, you have really gone to town on the design and it shows. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous project Linda really beautiful hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, what a stunning, creation, Linda, how wonderful to be able to keep this and the stick pins, have a lovely lunch, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Linda I think you have done an amazing job. Enjoy lunch and thank you for sharing with Crafty Bloggers Network.x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous way to showcase your stick pins. Fabulous project Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a lovely idea Linda - so clever to have this made ready for the arrival of the stick pins! brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Linda this is so creative and a wonderful idea. Its so pretty with beautiful detailing.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, WOW!!! Triple wow for this one Linda. So beautiful, love all the laces and ribbons on there and beautiful flowers. Just amazing. WOW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful Linda. Thanks for joining us this week over at Love To Create.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic piece.. Really pretty, Px

    ReplyDelete
  12. this looks great and beautiful made Linda.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is awesome - such a fabulous project! A great piece of art to keep your stickpins in! Must have taken you hours!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Linda, this is stunning love everything about it, and it will be a proper heirloom piece.
    Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome project Linda. Love the detail you put into your work Hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous creation Linda.
    Thank you for sharing at Craft-Room Challenge;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  17. So gorgeous, love the colours and what a lovely keepsake it will be

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooo I just love this. It is so pretty. Fab job x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful project Linda. The details are fabulous and I love all the crochet and lace xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is not only a gorgeous work of art, it's such a fabulous idea for storing those pins! I may have to CASE this idea, even if only for the beauty of it. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. So very pretty. Many thanks for joining the Rosie’s Creative Spirit challenge and good luck!!! Melissa (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, wow, wow! Linda, this is beautiful! :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very beautiful design book, with pretty colors and details!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is beautiful Linda. So vintage and a great idea for storing your pins.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so lovely Linda. What a great way to store those pins! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just beautiful Linda!
    HUgs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fabulous work. TFS over at Altered Eclectics this month - hope to see you again in future challenges. Hugz Ellapu x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a clever idea beautifully executed! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is a wonderful project and I love the fact that you up-cycled the cardboard from your bedding. Thank you for joining the All crafts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  30. How lovely! Perfect coloring! Thanks for playing at Crafting at the weekend! We hope to see you next time and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining this months challenge at A Little Bit Crafty.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is just stunning, Linda. I really love the fabric you used so elegant and delicate. :D I also like how you designed the inside, great idea. :D
    Thank you for joining and sharing with at All Crafts Challenge.
    Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx