Followers

Thursday, 30 October 2014

Autumn

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Just want to say a big thank you to all of you for your lovely comments and visits.

Today I am sharing a canvas I made yesterday whilst I was at Kath's. 
I have wanted to make this canvas for a while, you know when you have an idea in your head and it just won't go away?  Well I finally got it onto canvas, I hope you like it.  Autumn is my favourite time of year as nature is such a wonder to behold when the leaves on the trees change from lush green hues to blazing reds and oranges.


Step by Step

1. I first gave the canvas which measures 10 x 8 a coat of Gesso and cream acrylic paint.
2. Using a stencil I created the mountains with Vintage Photo distress ink, I painted the sky using Inkadinks Candy Floss and Mango.
3. To create the tree, I mixed glass beads texture gel, texture past and brown acrylic paint and painted free hand the tree and branches.
4. Using Create a Scene stencil (designed by Kath) I masked off the sun to create a setting sun, painted with Sunshine Satin Silkies. I then stencilled some clouds and a couple of birds on the branches.
5. To finish off I added pine cones and some leaves from my garden. Also added the word autumn too.

Many thanks for stopping by Today
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

23 comments:

  1. I love autumn too.. Fab idea for the canvas, love the use of natural embellishments, Px

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's very nice :) like the autumn feel to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design and detail Linda. Love the visa and depth you have created.
    Laine.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous Linda...I need some of that bead gel! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A little bit nostalgic, a little bit magical.. but no doubt that it is very lovely canvas.
    Thanks Linda for being a part of Not Just Cards Challenge Blog.
    Kati, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful canvas Linda. It really does sum up the beauty of autumn too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous,love the fab design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda this is a fantastic canvas you must have had a great time creating this. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your canves, such great textures!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. great canvas Linda - its wonderful - such a great colour scheme and great texture too. Fabulous xx hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda, I'm glad you've decided to finally create what's been in your mind. It looks wonderful, so pretty.
    See you again soon.
    Amelia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, love this canvas, the colours are lovely and love all the textures you've added.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your fabulous canvas and joining us for our current challenge at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Linda - your canvas is absolutely beautiful!!!!
    Thanks for sharing
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Anything But a Card DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fantastic canvas Linda. I love the scene you've created and the textures you've used. It's a wonderful keepsake from your garden xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely canvas Linda like the birds in the tree and the background. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Linda, Autumn is my favourite time to. Such a gorgeous canvas. Love the scene you have created. Such beautiful colours to.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful canvas and superb dimension, Linda! Lovely fall color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for joining this week at Not Just Cards Challenges Good luck and We hope you'll join us again soon.
    Zoe x
    Handmade with lots of Love

    ReplyDelete
  20. Phenomenal canvas, loving your layout and colors you choice. It is a must try for me one day. Thank you very much for sharing your awesome inspiration with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tamie 4CC DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic canvas! Thanks for joining us this week at IDC. Julie O, DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great Scene you've created on the canvas Linda. Thank you for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination Challenges- We sure hope you join us again!

    Amy- DT Inspiration Destination Challenges
    {Lil Cutie Creations}

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx