Followers

Sunday, 30 November 2014

Bestie Hattie

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Hubby and I are off to see our granddaughters today, looking forward to seeing what they have been up to.

If you saw my blog post from yesterday you will know that I made a live Ustream tutorial for the card.
Here is the link to the recorded tutorial. 

Today's card is made using one of Sherri Baldy's My Besties called Bestie Hattie, I remember as a child going into the department stores and trying on the hats, I used to love doing that, as I got older, mum and I still do it, so much fun.



Step by Step

1. Created an A5 base card using polka dot card from my stash.
2. First layer is white card which I have embossed butterflies and distressed with Dew Drops Thatched Straw ink, before adhering to card base I wrapped plum coloured ribbon around the bottom.
3 I printed the image onto Supersmooth and coloured with Copics, used my Spica glitter pen around the frill. I then cut out with SB Fleur De Lis die, distressed around the edges and matted and layered with foam pads onto blue card.
4. I then cut out 3 butterflies and added down the side of the topper.
5. To finish off I made a triple bow and added 3 heart gems.

Many thanks for stopping by Today
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

24 comments:

  1. Cute card! Love the sweet stamp
    Thanks for yesterday tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Linda. Love the cute image. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh just beautiful! i just love the colours and the way you have colored the image. Thank you for joining us at My Besties UK challenge blog and good luck Hugs Daviniaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful,gorgeous image and design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is just so cute. Fab card Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda, I used to go to the department stores to try on hats too, they were all so pretty and lovely. Fabulous card, love the image and the pretty colours. Love the die cuts and the lovely ribbon and of course the butterflies.

    Teighan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Linda, I do like My Besties images they are so cute. Great colouring and embellishments Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty Linda, so cute. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely colour and detail Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete

  10. Thank you so much for playing along over at My Besties UK - Challenge “Anything Goes and Curls!

    Just loved your creation, and hope to see you back here next time!

    DT - Keeley Ainsworth - My Besties – UK
    http://keeleyscards.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card thanks for joining us at besties UK -Carol uk DT co-ordinator x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Linda hope you had a fab day with grand kids , Louise xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hats too and simply can't resist trying them on!! Love that image, coloured beautifully, great card!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, love, LOVE the bow and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda you have created a beautiful card. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. This little girl is one of my favs and you made her look so beautiful! Lovely card with wonderful details! Thanks for sharing at Top Tip Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute!!! Linda this is so sweet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is super cute! Be sure and go over the SSS Challenge blog (Besties Blog) and enter it there too as the current challenge over there is to use a Bestie stamp with glitter on it! http://scrapbookstampsocietychallengeblog.blogspot.com/

    Cheers, Holley

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card. Love her blue dress. Thanks for sharing it at The Pink Elephant Anything Goes Challenge! Come join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super cute Linda, fabulous colour combo, love this one my friend, hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A lovely design and the bow finishes it off beautifully - it matches the one on her hat too!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Kat x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx