Followers

Thursday, 8 January 2015

Altered Composition Book

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Welcome to my new follower, Kim I hope you enjoy your visits.

Over on Facebook Group Chic Craftique I am in an event altering a composition book for us to record our swaps for this year.

Here is my book that I altered.
 Front of the book

Back of Book


Step by Step

1. I first covered the back and front of the book with Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper.
 2. On two corners I added metal corner pieces on the back and front of book.
3. Over the ring binding I wrapped lace and made a double bow and stitched to the lace and added an pearl and diamanté in the centre of the bow.
4. Cutting out one of the tags I attached to the front of the book and wrote Swaps 2015 and Chic Craftique with Gold Spica pen. I then added lace across the bottom and then along the edge of the lace added diamanté and pearl strand.
5. To finish off I added the flowers from Wild Orchid, a charm bird on the petals of the flowers and two stick pins.


Many thanks for stopping by Today
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

25 comments:

  1. wowser such a gorgeous altered book, I love the soft colours and all the lace - so yummy xx

    Big Hugs Kerrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous project, I just love all the ribbon and laces

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Linda, the paper is beautiful and I love all the lace. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, gorgeous papers and love the lace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! Love this book... The papers are really gorgous and the lace give it a very romantic look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda I love how you have decorated this book. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful and just love those lace trimmings.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Linda, I love the papers
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderfully altered book Linda. I love the G45 papers. The lace bow, ruffle and lace along the binding look fabulous. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful and girly! Thanks for sharing with us a CRAFT Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Linda this is stunning !!!!!!!!!!
    hugs Susan xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. BRILLIANT Creation, wow love those papers, colours and design...absolutely stunning Linda xx :)

    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous book Linda, love everything about it,especially those little humming birds...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful altered book Linda.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty pretty make. I hope you put very precious ideas in there! Thank you for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brilliantly made creation Linda and love the image and goodies added. Thanks so much for entering in our challenge at Crafting For All Season this time.
    Hope to see you in our next challenge. Cheers, aNNie
    {Crafting For All Seasons DT Member}

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is beautiful - so elegant and I love all the details you've added to it.

    Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda - this is lovely - the lace and the metal corners work so well with those papers. Absolutely beautiful - thanks for sharing with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit - Steffi :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a very nice creation! Thank you for joining the Crafts Galore Encore Anything Goes January Challenge! Hope to see you again! Good luck!

    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is a fabulous project, such gorgeous papers and details.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Pauline
    x
    I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful project! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs
    Fiona DT x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper January challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx