Followers

Friday, 24 July 2015

Create a Canvas

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

How are you all doing?

Both parents are well and it was lovely to see them.

Today is a canvas I created at the weekend.





Step by Step

1. 8 x 8 square canvas, I gave a coat of white Gesso, once dry painted a coat of PVA glue
2. I embossed a piece of card and adhered to the canvas.
3. I then gave it a coat of brown acrylic paint and left to dry. Then dry brushed Pebeo Iridescent paint across the embossed card.
4. I cut out the picture and adhered with foam pads for dimension, then arranged my embellishments around the image, added 2 corners and an old dangle earring was placed in her ear with a brad.
5. To finish off I added a metal flower and old earring. Then lightly went over with gold iridescent paint.

I would like to enter this into the following Challenges:

Crafting with an Attitude #5 - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks #54 - Use a Metal Embellishment
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes
Anything but a Card #49 - Anything Goes
We love 2 Create - Anything Goes (Mixed Media)

Many thanks for stopping by today!
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

32 comments:

  1. Love love love this Linda, wonderful piece of Art, love all the embellishments !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful canvas. I like the fact that used an embossed card for the background. The patina effect compliments the picture. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very beautiful and wow. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous canvas, Linda.......love it! Hope you are keeping well xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning canvas and detail Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really lovely canvas. Love all the details and the beautiful colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning creation, gorgeous theme and adorable colours..
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    xx
    {aNNie My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning canvas Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful canvas Linda. Love the detail, texture and dimension.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning project Linda, love it and fantastic colours.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful canvas - love the dimension x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the image and fab details ,this is gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda this is a gorgeous canvas I love the and all the flowers. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous! The background is really very lovely, goes perfectly with the image. xxSAMxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great canvas and colours. Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another fabulous piece Linda! It's gorgeous! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so clever this is fabulous its a wonderful design love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful canvas, love it.
    Claire
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous canvas and in my favourite colour. Love the design and elements. Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fabulous canvas Linda, love the background. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh wow, fabulous canvas. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous canvas Linda, love the background and all your embellishments. \a very pretty image too.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous canvas Linda, gorgeous image and beautiful embellishments.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a wonderful canvas! Lovely details. Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow Linda what an amazing canvas. She is stunning! X

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love love love... everything about this... the patina'd look is marvelous and I love the stenciling. This is probably one of my favorite color palette's ... Beautiful job ! Thank you for creating with us at Anything But A Card

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning canvas! I love that image!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love all of your canvas projects, Linda, but this one really touches me. Fabulous image and I love the flowers added to her hair!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful canvas, loving the patina effect. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at The Mirror Crack'd and good luck with the challenge.
    Angela DT x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh my Linda, another stunner! Your girl is just gorgeous and her hair looks amazing with all that detail, and embellishments.

    Thank you so much for sharing with us again.

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx