Followers

Friday, 31 July 2015

Gone Artsy DT Project

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Today I am sharing my second DT project for Gone Artsy for this month.

The theme this month is Summer

Check out the Gone Artsy Zibbet Store for some amazing lace, bling and other embellishments to decorate your projects.


This was a smooth MDF box which I have decorated the side with wood grain embossing folder I embossed Kraft card adhered to the sides, painted with brown acrylic paint and once dry I used Pebeo Iridescent Copper paint by dry brushing over the embossed areas.


For the lid I embossed Kraft card using Vintage embossing folder, painted with brown acrylic paint and then dry brushed Pebeo Iridescent Copper paint. I then added metal feet to the box.



I have decorated the top of the box with a doily, peacock feather, ribbon flower, lace butterflies, metal charm butterfly and leaves all from Deb's store.

Please do check out the Gone Artsy blog for more photographs of my project.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks #257 - Anything Goes
Crafting by Designs - Anything Goes
Creative Moments #73 - Anything Goes
Frilly and Funkie - Things with Wings
Inspiration Destination #44 - Always Anything Goes
Inky Chicks #54 - Use a Metal Embellishment
TTCRD - Always Anything Goes

Many thanks for stopping by Today
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

18 comments:

  1. Oh, my, I love how that embossing folder worked to make the wood grain on the box, Linda! Those lace butterflies and leaves are as marvelous idea, joined with the lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great box you could put a lot of lace in there Linda
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is a fantastic project!! ^__^ I love the embossing, if you would not have mentioned it, I would never have guessed that you embossed cardstock! I would have thought that it was how the box was! The lace butterfly looks lovely too! *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too...very clever effect Linda x

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful transformation Linda, love this. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty a fabulous box its a delight Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic Linda. I love how you've achieved the woodgrain effect. The white trimmings and flowers look amazing. Have a good weekend. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. the woodgrain looks amazing linda - brilliant! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow I can't get over what you've done with the embossing folders. I can not wait to get back crafting ,I think it's time I expanded my projects. This really is amazing Linda. Very clever x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you did your blog set up! How did you do that? And your projects are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is super fabulous! I just love how you did this!! a master piece. Thank you for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic project Linda! Love how you've added the woodgrain!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great project, I love it !
    Thanks for sharing it with us and hope to see you again in our next challenge as well,
    Hugs
    Willeke
    DT Through The Craft Room Door
    Made by Willeke {My personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty I love boxes and this is a great look and love the flowers you added to the top. Thanks for sharing over at Inspiration destination.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a great transformation Linda. So pretty! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this time. Please join us again next week. Happy creating :)
    Fondly,
    Asmah
    TTCRD DT
    Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sure is a wooden box kicked up a notch or two. I love how you added the soft flowers and butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your altered box is lovely, Linda! Thanks so much for joining us at The Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx