Followers

Monday, 3 August 2015

Classic Car Canvas

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend.

I am sharing one of my projects I created on Saturday, I had so much fun creating this.

The story behind this is that my Dad loves classic cards in particular the Lagonda (Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Car) so I wanted to create this canvas just for him.


This is a 10 x 10 canvas which I have embossed card using Cogs embossing folder, tore them up and adhered to canvas which was first coated with PVA. Once card was down I coated with Black Gesso.
I then arranged all the metal embellishments then gave it another coat of Pebeo Black Gesso.


Once the Black Gesso was dry I then dry brushed white over the embossed areas which highlights the embossed background beautifully.


Finally using Pebeo High Viscosity Acrylics in Burnt Sienna and Iridescent gold dry brushed over the elements. Added the picture of the Lagonda and there you have my finished canvas.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes Mixed Media
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Anything Goes Mixed Media
That Craft Place Blog - Anything Goes Mixed Media
The Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create #135 - Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
Inky Chicks - Anything Goes

Many thanks for stopping by Today!
Crafty Hugs 

30 comments:

  1. Wow Linda, this is Fab, I bet your Dad loves it, awesome work Hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fab great texture your Dad will love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one CLASSIC card Linda, wow love those bits'n'pieces added and your dad will think it's awesome.xxx{aNNie The Journey Is The Start My Personal Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word, this is fabulous, what a wonderful keepsake for your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous and fun canvas Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic Linda. I really love the way you have created the background of this one, it looks amazing.
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So talentedt his just looks amazing you are going to have one very happy Dad Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic Canvas Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous canvas, your dad will love it. Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous,love all the metal.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks fabulous Linda, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome canvas Linda - I love this - I know your dad will have! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my kind of canvas! I love the layering and the focal piece is awesome! ~Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~ Nanette, DT, ~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic canvas you have created for your Dad Linda, brilliant textures and design.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic canvas Linda! I love all the little added metal embellishments! Great image too! I bet your dad was well chuffed with it!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing canvas Linda, love the background and all the little embellishments.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This canvas is a master piece. Your dad will love it. The added details highlight the image. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda... this is just gorgeous... your father is going to treasure this. And I love how you embossed the paper for the background and then glued on... Very creative, thank you for inspiring us at Rhedds Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is fabulous, so many males in my family would love this. Great job! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous canvas and love all the details you have added. Thank you for sharing with us at That Craft Place. Fingers crossed xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this canvas Linda. The texture is fab. So much detail too. Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, I just love all the gorgeous embellishments that you created and put on this canvas, totally stunning. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great canvas Linda! I do love the background. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  24. How fantastic Linda! Quite different to your usual style too! I just love it!
    Thank you for joining us for the challenge over on the That Craft Place Challenge Blog..
    xxSAMxx TCP Design Team.
    ❤My Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place Challenge Blog❤
    ❤That Craft Place on Facebook❤

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab canvas Linda...love everything about it...
    Thank you for joining in with the August challenge over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW I just love your creativity with your piece of art - love it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  27. hi Linda what a gorgeous vintage make love it, thanx for joining us at Sisters of craft good luck luvly xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx