Followers

Monday, 12 October 2015

Craft Room Reveal

Good Evening Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Woohoo the craft room/office is now finished.

I want to thank Rick for putting up with me during this long overdue refurbish.
Kath and Steve for their help too, especially Steve who put in the shelves and the worktop.

Warning this post is photograph heavy!

Here is a photo of what it looked like before, a mismatch of storage.


This is where I worked doing my work as well as crafting.


I stripped out the craft room except for the desk and one unit and painted the skirting boards and walls, a very pale green.


I bought the shelving from Ikea called Billy bookcases and these filled the back wall.


I changed my mind a couple of times on which the way the units would go and decided with this.
I also reupholstered my stool with lovely green material from Hobbycraft in keeping with the green theme.


The task then was to bring everything down from the loft and study, to be put into the craft room ready for me to start putting things in some sort of order.


I have a new blind and got rid of the curtains, more light which is just what I needed.


The next series of photos are the completed room and everything has its own place now.
I put all my finished projects on the top of the units. As you can see the storage goes right to the bottom so lots more storage.


I have been after one of these trolleys from Ikea for ages and treated myself to a new chair and the trolley! This holds all my essentials instead of taking room up on the work top.


More shelves filled to the brim, bought new storage boxes from Ikea which are clear so I can see where things are.


Love these graduated in length shelving, the top shelf has boxes which are empty so lots of more storage for new goodies.


I couldn't part with this cube with my Paint Fusion on the doors and has all my paper and card in boxes, it is surprising how much this cube holds.


Finally under my side where I will work all my canvas' and altered art products for projects.

I hope you have enjoyed the tour of my newly decorated and refurbished craft room.
I can't wait now to get started on some crafting, not tonight as I am shattered after the past couple of weeks.

Thank you so much for your visits, support and comments.
Crafty Hugs


40 comments:

  1. You are one lucky lady Linda, think your craft room is fabulous and I am sure you will enjoy working in there.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful Lynda. Enjoy every moment in your gorgeous crafty space xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's absolutely gorgeous, Linda! I love those floral painted storage cabinets and everything is so beautifully coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous, so bright and plenty of shelving now. Hugs Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Linda this is amazing. I'd like shelving in my new craft room but need to wait till hubby sorts his garage which is a tip after the move. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new craft room, Linda.
    Hugs,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous. I hope you enjoy every hour you spend in there xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Linda it looks fabulous, you are very lucky to have such a wonderful space, enjoy.
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks fab fresh and bright Linda, love the desk in front of the storage, really good idea.
    Thank you for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great craft space Linda. Enjoy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! Linda, I love your crafting space! All those shelves are so nice - and so much light with that big window! I feel like I'm in a dungeon! Great work and very pretty space.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks gorgeous. Enjoy your crafting Linda. Hugs Rita xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a space Linda, gorgeous craftroom.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I thought it looked great in the before pic! It's awesome now! Congratulations on your wonderful new room! I am jealous of all the storage space!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! this is fab Linda! Love the final result! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow what a space. No wonder you have been excited. I love it and that green is just right and very calming. I love that trolley that's a great idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. It looks fabulous Linda and you've given me some great ideas for my new room when we move! Love the trolley and that's top of my shopping list!!! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks fabulous Linda, a lovely place to while away the hours. Enjoy!

    Andrea xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow this is amazing it looks like a fantastic place to be creative. Thank you for sharing your photos. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! what a fabulous work space Linda. So neat and tidy, unlike my craft room lol! I do like the idea of the trolley, brilliant idea, freeing up space on your work surface. Enjoy crafting in your new craft room.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh wow Linda - that looks amazing - so brilliant - and it must be great to work in too xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What time do you want me over to help you craft LInda?? :) Love your craft room.xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have a very beautiful craft room .

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful well worth the wait the shelving is fab love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW Linda, what a perfect Craft Room, you are so lucky, (now when will Tommy or Jenny move out, I wonder, LOL) Everything is just perfect my friend, and you more than deserve it...love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. An amazing room - I have Craft Room envy!!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow Linda How lucky are you, this is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks fabulous. I love the new units but I also love that you have kept your beautoful paint fusion cupboard and have some colourful boxes. I don't like clinical craft rooms, they need to reflect your creativity which this does. Hapoy crafting

    ReplyDelete
  29. Look super, so organised too. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a wonderful new space, Linda! I do wish mine was that organized. Loved each and every one of the photos. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  31. A fabulous craft room Linda. It's so bright and you have managed to fit in loads of brilliant storage. We've been in our house for over 18 months and I still haven't sorted out all my craft stuff so I'm very jealous of your wonderfully organised space. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wowser Linda it looks amazing, I'd love those shelving units. Is that a white desk in front of the book cases? Love your cubes too
    Hugs
    Marie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Linda. Lovely crafty space. So much storage and a lovely place to work.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow, your craft room is fab, so organised and space for more, i know you will enjoy your new room.x sam

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow Linda what a fantastic space to create in, it really is fabulous...

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. wowser such a beautiful and functional room now i love the colours the shelves and the units all the boxes are so neat - its lovely hunnie x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Can't wait to see it in the flesh it looks amazing. Living the dream Linda and by god you deserve it you work hard. Lots of love and hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your new craft area looks fantastic. I know you'll love spending lots of time there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx