Followers

Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Dragonfly Beauty

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Before I share my card with you today I have some information regarding following my blog and would appreciate it if you could read.

In 2011, we announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs. 

As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other Open Id providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.

We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

We know how important followers are to all bloggers, but we believe this change will improve the experience for both you and your readers.


Posted by Michael Goddard, Software Engineer

~~~

The date for this to be in effect is Jan 11, but a number of my blogging friends (and me) have already noticed a drop in Followers.  I'm sorry if this causes any issues or inconvenience to any of my Followers.  I do hope that you will create a Google account so that you can continue to follow both me and anyone else who uses Blogger.  

Once you create a Google account, you will need to become a Follower again because all previous Followers who did not have an account will be permanently removed from our Follower lists.  If you choose not to open a Google account, you can still follow my blog using Bloglovin' or via email.  You will need to check each blog that you currently follow to see what options they have for you.

I really appreciate all of my Followers and hope that you will continue to follow my blog going forward.


A card using just some of my Sheena Douglass products!


Step by Step

1. A5 white card which I have matted and layered black card.
2. The next layer is red pearlescent card with black ribbon wrapped around both layers.
3. I embossed black card and painted Pebeo DYNA Blue Violet iridescent paint then matted and layered onto base card.
4. I painted a piece of card using DYNA iridescent red blue, cut out the dragonfly, stamped the dragonfly with black Versafine and embossed with clear embossing powder.
5. Stamped the word with red Versafine and embossed with clear embossing powder.
6 To finish off I added gems to the centre of the bow and one corner.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew #103 - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean #119 - Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown #274 - Anything Goes
Allsorts #342/343 - Anything but Christmas
Polkadoodle #51 - Anything Goes
Penny Black - AG with a Stamp

Many thanks for visiting today!
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

29 comments:

  1. Beautiful dragon fly creation, just gorgeous..xx
    {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creation, colour and design Linda.

    I dread to think what Blogger has in store for us !

    Wishing you a Happy and Crafty New Year and hope you will join us again in 2016.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Linda.
    I wish blogger would sort itself out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours of this Linda,just gorgeous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Linda and fabulous colours. The embossing and dragonfly are wonderful. Thank you for the 'Follower' explanation and for all your support this year. Wishing you a yours a Happy New Year. Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful !! Lovely colours !!
    Greetings,
    Elfje

    ReplyDelete
  7. very nice !
    I have google acount....
    Happy New year!
    Bad Kitty's Craftroom
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Oh WOW!! Super-amazing card! Love so much the embossed pearlescent blue cardstock and the red dragonfly! Gorgous make!
    I wish you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great color combo!!
    I am wishing you a crafty New Year and happy hollidays!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Linda. Love the bright colours. Will have to wait and see what January brings. Google changing the parameters yet again.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous creation, love the colours and that embossing is fab.
    Thanks for the blogger update, you put it so eloquently that I am going to use your wording on my blog - hope that is ok.
    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful. Loving the gorgeous work and bright colors on this card. Nice embossed background

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous card Linda, well I still see you so I think I have a google account,
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Linda, love the background and gorgeous vibrant colour. I also have this dragonfly but as usual for me I not even opened the packet yet. Thanks for the info regarding blogging, I have already lost at least 6 followers. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Linda this is a stunning card I love the bright vibrant colours. Thank you for the info about blogger. Happy New Year. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very pretty card Linda, such deep rich colours. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your New Year wishes. I do hope you and your lovely family have a very Happy and Healthy 2016.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Linda. Love that embossing folder you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Linda.
    Wishing you and your family
    A Happy New Year 2016.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the image and the colours
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for joining us at allsorts Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hopefully I will not get dumped from your blog. I have a Google account so I should be safe. Your card is exquisite. I love the embossing and the fantastic bow.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely card Linda. Great colours and design.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ah! That explains a lot! If you don't mind, I'll use that info too!
    Gorgeous card Linda! Love the colours you've used!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such beautiful work.... Thank you for participating in the http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.com anything goes challenge, Melanie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this! Love the texture! So glad you came Through ‘The Craft Room Door’ to play! Can't wait to see more of your talent!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fab make. Thanks for joining us in our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
    Anjie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great make - Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great make - Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx