Followers

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

To my Valentine

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

And breath...

Well everything is all packed apart from my toiletries for the trip to Frankfurt tomorrow.

Yes I am nervous but I think it is going to be a fabulous but very busy 4 days demonstrating.

Before I share my card with you I have a notice for you to read if you are a follower of my blog.

In 2011, we announced the retirement of Google Friend Connect for all non-Blogger sites. We made an exception for Blogger to give readers an easy way to follow blogs using a variety of accounts. Yet over time, we’ve seen that most people sign into Friend Connect with a Google Account. So, in an effort to streamline, in the next few weeks we’ll be making some changes that will eventually require readers to have a Google Account to sign into Friend Connect and follow blogs. 

As part of this plan, starting the week of January 11, we’ll remove the ability for people with Twitter, Yahoo, Orkut or other Open Id providers to sign in to Google Friend Connect and follow blogs. At the same time, we’ll remove non-Google Account profiles so you may see a decrease in your blog follower count.

We encourage you to tell affected readers (perhaps via a blog post), that if they use a non-Google Account to follow your blog, they need to sign up for a Google Account, and re-follow your blog. With a Google Account, they’ll get blogs added to their Reading List, making it easier for them to see the latest posts and activity of the blogs they follow.

We know how important followers are to all bloggers, but we believe this change will improve the experience for both you and your readers.


Posted by Michael Goddard, Software Engineer

~~~

The date for this to be in effect is Jan 11, but a number of my blogging friends (and me) have already noticed a drop in Followers.  I'm sorry if this causes any issues or inconvenience to any of my Followers.  I do hope that you will create a Google account so that you can continue to follow both me and anyone else who uses Blogger.  

Once you create a Google account, you will need to become a Follower again because all previous Followers who did not have an account will be permanently removed from our Follower lists.  If you choose not to open a Google account, you can still follow my blog using Bloglovin' or via email.  You will need to check each blog that you currently follow to see what options they have for you.

I really appreciate all of my Followers and hope that you will continue to follow my blog going forward.

A Valentine card to share with you today. The rose I got from Pinterest


Step by Step

1. A5 Landscape card which I have matted and layered red pearlescent card and wrapped white ribbon around before adhering to base card.
2. I traced the rose onto parchment and then on reverse side coloured with Spectrum Noir pencils.
3. I matted and layered the topper onto pink card which I have punched and slotted the parchment into the slots.
4. I stamped the sentiment onto a tag and attached with a brad.
5. To finish off I added a double bow in red ribbon, added a cabachon to the centre and 2 pearl flowers to the top corners.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Creative Card Crew #105 - Anything Goes
Artistic Inspiration #148 - Anything Goes
Craft Dee Bowz - AG with Handmade Bow
Crafting from the Heart #96 - Always Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion #296 - Always Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Ribbon or Lace
Allsorts #347 - Valentines Day

Many thanks for visiting today!
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

31 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    AnyOldCraft (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful parchment rose Linda, gorgeous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! It is beautifull card!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the chalky effect of your flower. Really lovely card Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely soft colour and design Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and clever Hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. So romantic on the parchment. Thanks for sharing the notice. Have a wonderful time in Frankfurt.
    Take care, Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! and the rose looks amazing! xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, you have inspired my with this card on parchment. Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crews Anything Goes Challenge. Vicki DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your rose and card are stunning! I'll definitely have to try that technique.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Linda this is a stunning card card I love the rose it is beautiful. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely work Linda and thanks for the info on loss of followers! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card design Linda, love the rose.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Linda! Don't be nervous and just have a wonderful trip and fun.
    Hopefully I'm signed in correctly but I know what they're talking about since I lost 12 followers last night.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful Valentine card, your parchment craft work looks amazing. Thank you for joining in the fun with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Linda, I love the rose
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous card Linda. I love the parchment rose and big bow. Have a safe trip. I hope everything goes well and you enjoy yourself. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card and I just love the image and papers chosen..xx {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh that's a stunning card! Enjoy your trip to Frankfurt. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty card and the vellum gives it an elegant look. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so very pretty rose card. and yes I have been seeing that issue with google friends and such. What a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Linda. A gorgeous parchment card. Hope you've had a safe trip. I thought I would let you know my fabulous set of pens and stamp have arrived. I can't thank you enough. I've not opened them yet...they look too nice to open but I will let you know how I get on with them. Love my little card too. Thank you again. Much love Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous card, love your parchment work and that ribbon is stunning.Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning card, my friend! Love what you did in tracing the image onto vellum. It almost looks heat embossed. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx