Followers

Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Wanderlust 2016 Journal

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Well this year I have set myself a challenge to learn new techniques and have a go a journalling.

I have enrolled with Wanderlust 2016 which was advertised on Facebook and is a year long prompt of lessons.

I have done a YouTube about my journal if you would like to visit.


Please give it a thumbs up and subscribe! I will be doing more YouTube videos throughout this journey I am taking.  I hope you enjoy!

To that end I needed to decorate the front and back of my journal.


I started off with a Dylusions A4 Journal and gave the back and front a light coat of white Gesso.

Tip - before painted I wrapped the inside pages with cling film to prevent these pages getting marked.


I then mixed yellow ochre and white paint together to get this creamy yellow colour and painted to both sides.


No the fun started and I got hubby to print off a couple of old Warrington maps, I added a layer of glue to prevent the printing distorting when I paint over this. I then used a Tim Holtz and Sheena Douglas stencil and stencilled front, back and sides. Cut out a die cut car and put to one side to dry.


The letters and numbers are metal and have been in my stash for quite a few years. I gave these a coating of Gesso then adhered to front of journal with my hot glue gun. I haven't added a lot of dimension to the front and back of the journal as I want them to lie flat while I work on my pages.


I gave the back, front and side a coat of paint mixing burnt umber and white. Once this was dry I spritzed Prima Colour Bloom worn leather and dabbed over with a baby wipe, which gave the journal an older leather look.


I dry brushed Pebeo Dyan Gold and Copper paints over front, back and side. Brushing the Copper paint over the letters.


This is the view of the back which I have used predominantly gold.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Rhedds Creative Spirit - AG with Mixed Media
Altered Eclectics - AG with Mixed Media
Allsorts - What's New (Journal)
We Love 2 Create #27 - AG with Mixed Media

Many thanks for stopping by today and I love to hear what you think of my journal!
Crafty Hugs xxxxx


30 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Linda awesome hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation, gorgeous colours and love the added goodies. It's awesome to play with this sort of messy things too...will check out yur video.xx
     {aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous Linda. Enjoy your new crafty adventure.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous way to start the new year, fabulous cover!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts "What's new" Challenge, good luck;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your journal looks stunning and your video is very good. Looking forward to seeing more and this is the type of things I would like to know how to do. Great work Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow looks great. Fab job Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. it has a real vintage look Linda looks great.

    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning Journal design Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this is marvelous, Linda! I love that you did it in copper hues. Delightful cover design. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda this is amazing. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful Linda! It looks exactly like a well worn leather journal cover!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous and such great colours.
    Thank you for joining our What's new challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful journal cover Linda, gorgeous textures and colour.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Linda, wow your journal cover looks amazing. Love the old leather look.

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  15. super journal cover Linda - brilliant work x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A wonderful start to your new journey Linda. The journal covers and your video are both brilliant. The textures you've added and the techniques you've used are fabulous. Good luck on your journey, I can't wait to see more. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your journal looks apsolutley great, Love how you have decorated him and the final look, will be watching you ;)
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous, looks very antique. I hope you enjoy your journalling journey. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is beautiful Linda and love your step by step of how you made ut, awesome project Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning finished project and great step by step instruction. Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks great Linda. Looking forward to seeing your journal grow.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. It looks fabulous Linda, look forward to following your journey. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous. I am just tray to make a little album, and oh, how interesting and dificult it is. Hope my album will look just a little bit like yours.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thia has the look of leather! Hope you have a fab time with the year long journey sounds fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  25. This has the look of leather! Hope you have a fantastic year with this fab class! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such fab texture. Love it! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is fabulous, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx