Followers

Monday, 29 February 2016

My Craft Room Plaque

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

A quick post this morning as off to visit with my parents today!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Sharing with you my new plaque which I made for the event over at Chic Craftique.


MDF plaque from Anna Marie Designs
I first gave it a coat of black paint and set to one side to dry.
I painted the lettering in black acrylic paint and left to dry, once dry I adhered to the plaque.
I then added the key, metal butterfly, flowers and clay leaves and butterflies. I then gave it another coat of black paint.
I then dry brushed Imagination Crafts Blue Metal paint over the base and on all embellishments except for the word.
I dry brushed Imagination Crafts Starlight Antique Gold paint on the words.

It now resides on the door of my craft room.

We Love 2 Create #5 - AG Mixed Media
Glitter n Sparkle #177 - Things with Wings
Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers #53 - M is for Mixed Media
Create Artiste - AG with Mixed Media
Inspiration Destination #74 - Always Anything Goes

Many thanks for stopping by Today!
Crafty Hugs xxxxx


28 comments:

  1. Wow! This is superb, I love it xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Linda thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello can you please tell me what you mean/do - 'dry brush' . do you mean no water - if so how does the paint'stick' to the project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia, yes dry brush means using no water, you work the paint into the brush and lightly sweep over your project and the paint adheres to where you have brushed.
      Hugs
      Linda xxx

      Delete
  4. Stunning project Linda. I love the antique look of this. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is apsolutley grat!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda this is gorgeous I love it I could do with this on my craft room door.
    Well done
    Debsxxx
    {Debs Cards}


    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, love it, the dark blue & metallics work perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Linda sure is stunning hugs S xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous plaque Linda! Thanks for sharing and for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for "M is for Mixed Media"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous plaque!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully made and fab colours Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic plaque! Linda, great colours and textures.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh LInda, it's amazing! I want one! LOl Although, as my craft room doubles as the spare bedroom I might be pushing it a little!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous project Linda. Love the colours bet it looks great on your craft room door!
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow amazing bet you will really feel proud of yourself seeing this in your room its wonderful love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this Linda. Love the colour and design. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful craft room sign. Love the design and the rich colours. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy this week. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great project. Love the design and colours. Thank you for joining us at Creative artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Linda, this is just the coolest! I want one - NEED one! Thanks for the inspiration. <3 Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is gorgeous Linda. What a great sign for your craft room.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. OH WOW Linda this is stunning...have had a trawl through your blog at all the posts I have missed...and as usual am blown away with your work...thought I would catch all my blog post commenting from the start of March, or else my wee hand would go on strike again, LOL..love and hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fantastic entry into our 'With Wings' theme on the Glitter n Sparkle Challenge Blog. Wishing you lots of luck, Hugs Tracey DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow that looks fab Linda! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love 2 Create this time
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx