Followers

Thursday, 11 February 2016

Steampunk Journal

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

All being well off to see Kath today for our weekly crafting session.

Will share with you what we create later this week.

Today I am sharing another journal that I have altered.

Here is the link to the video which shares all the products and how I achieved the leather look.


I have a 200 Subscriber giveaway to one lucky subscriber, so all you have to do is give me a thumbs up on my video and subscribe.  Once I reach 200 one lucky winner will win an altered pringles carton full of laces, bling etc.



This is a Ranger journal which I have painted a coat of black.
Once this was dry I used an assortment of gears stencils and modelling paste to decorate the front and back. Once these where dry I then gave another coat of black.
Once this was dry I then dry painted gold acrylic paint over the texture.
To decorate I have used Graphic 45 Steampunk paper and stickers cut out the image and adhered to journal then drew around with black pen to make it "pop".


This is the back of the journal.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

TTCRD - Always Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create #3 - AG/Mixed Media
Altered Eclectics - AG/Mixed Media
Rhedds Creative Spirit - AG/Mixed Media
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes

Thank you for visiting today and supporting my blog!
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

33 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Love this steampunk cover, it must be lovely to see that on your desk every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, so inspiring. I just watched the video, thanks for sharing. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. great design, loving the steampunk styling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Wow your Journal cover is amazing, definitely like to look at that on my desk to!!

    Hugs Jen xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love this Linda, so creative and of course I love the Steampunk theme.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning Linda. I love how you've built up the texture and the final effect is fabulous. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous Linda!! I love it!!
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is stunning Linda love the colours, great job.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnificent cover, Linda! Loving the metallics and gears.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning steampunk cover and a great little video to see your techniques.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, as I allready sad it is wonderfull, and realy love those stencils, and love steampunk!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great steampunk journal cover, love all the detailing. Hugs Jennifer x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome steampunk journal Linda - the back is as amazing as the front! Fabulous project! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda this is a stunning Steampunk themed journal cover. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is gorgeous - love what you have done Linda - fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Linda, fabulous Steampunk journal cover, great details and colours.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Linda what a great cover and I now know where to come for some ideas on steampunk as I have just had to d some steampunk sample which I have really struggled for ideas. your design is wonderful and the video is great.
    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}

    ReplyDelete
  18. A true work of art and so very pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Linda, I am loving your journal cover... all the yummy textures and I love that G45 paper line. Thank you for creating with us at Rhedds Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous journal cover Linda.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. TTCRD DT
    Thyme To Create {My Blog}
    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Best Regards, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Mixed Media! Great job! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awesome mixed media! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Linda...this is gorgeous...loving the texture,colour palette and the embellishing...love,love,love it...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Altered Eclectics...x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh this is fab Linda! Love the steampunk theme.
    With DT cap on: Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the look of this steampunk journal, the image is great and all the little words too. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful steampunk art journal cover. Love your design and colours. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx