Followers

Saturday, 19 March 2016

A Groove Kind of Card

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Another early blog post this morning as off to Kraftyhands for another workshop!

Many years ago I got into Parchment  and love the effect you can create with Parchment and the different tools available.

I was simply delighted when Barbara Gray brought out the Groovi Plate Make as you can create the most beautiful cards with the different plates and now she has brought out the baby one too!!!

So today's card is a monochrome parchment card! I do love the effect!

Why not check out Barbara's Clarity website to see the different plates available.
These are ideal for beginners too!


Step by Step

1. 7 x 7 white square card which I have matted and layered black card.
2. The next layer is white pearlescent card.
3. The parchment topper was created by using the following Groove plates
Square for the border, Round, Blooming Peonies and Sprig Pattern Groovi, I embossed the back with embossing tool. The pattern around the border I created with Groovi Border 1.
Around the edge I created the pattern using the grid and cut out with parchment scissors.
4. Once the topper was created I let it settle between each embossing to achieve the white work. 
5. I used brads to attach the parchment to the black card with brads.
6. The butterfly I created using the Groovi Butterfly plate, adhered to the parchment with Pergamano Glue and added black pearls down the centre.
7. To finish off I added white and black flat back pearls.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Craft Rocket Challenges #11 - Anything Goes
Crafting with an Attitude #13 - Always Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations #16 - Always Anything Goes
Creative Moments #89 - Always Anything Goes
Fresh Brewed Designs - Anything Goes
Inspiration Destination #77 - Always Anything Goes
Penny's Challenges - Anything Goes

Many thanks for visiting today!
Crafty Hugs xxxxx

30 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Linda. Love the mono tones and the butterfly is a lovely touch.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, a fab design .xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Linda, it has a touch of class and elegance.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Linda, Its very elegant ,i joined the Grovi club but not done anything yet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Linda. I love the design. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card Linda. Very classy. I too love the Groovi system in case you'd never noticed...just never enough hours in the day to play at everything lol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful parchment card. The design is gorgeous Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnificent, Linda! I do love the effect you got.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning Linda I love it.
    Debs xxx
    http://imaginethatdigistamp.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soft, beautiful and elegant Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card Linda, looks so elegant.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda this is a gorgeous card. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty, love black and white. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A wonderfully elegant card Linda. The monochrome effect is fabulous and I love that butterfly. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very elegant this card. Lovely.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog.
    Good luck, Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card Linda. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty. We would love to see you again ... Anet DTx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning Linda one of these days I am going to give the Groovi Plates a try.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So delicate and beautiful, a gorgeous card Linda.Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning card! I love all the intricate details and the elegant color scheme! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Rocket Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at Crafting with an Attitude :) xx Mari

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely gorgeous Linda not sure I could do it though hugs Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so pretty & deicate Linda!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, looks realy great!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx