Followers

Friday, 4 March 2016

Some News...

Good Afternoon Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

I hope you are all well and enjoying your Friday.

I woke up to snow this morning and below is a photograph of the view I had when I opened the blind in my craft room.


The snow has nearly all gone now as it has started to rain!

Now onto some news I wish to share with you.

As you all know I have spent quite a lot of time away from home since January 29th and been very lucky working at the trade show in Frankfurt, then spent a week at Viva Decor in Bad Saltzuflen in Germany learning all about their products and recording video's for the YouTube channel in English along with 2 other colleagues from Personal Impressions.  Then it was a quick turnaround and straight onto the Stitches show in Birmingham.  

Having this much time away from home gave me time to think about my own crafting journey and where I wish to travel this coming year.

My blog for me has always been a crafting diary and just grown over the past 5 years to what it is today. As bloggers yourselves you know how long it takes to create and write up a blog post.  This is taking my time away from my crafting and learning new techniques and playing with new products too!

So to this end I have decided to cut back on blogging everyday.  I have blogged everyday now for at least 3 years if not more and I plan from next week to blog 3 times a week on this blog. I have always been at least 2 weeks ahead with scheduling my blog posts so for the next couple of weeks these will go live on Monday Wednesday and Saturday.

I will then start to do tutorials on my blog not only for seasoned crafters but new crafters too.

This week while I have been off I haven't crafted at all and I needed this I think, as it has now given me time to recharge my batteries and decide on what way I want to go with my crafting and therefore my blog.  I will still be around and commenting on your own blogs and supporting you as you have supported me.

I only realised this week whilst doing some housekeeping on my blog that I have a blog on Wordpress and from next week all my mixed media, altered art and journalling will be posted to this blog along with my YouTube videos unless I do a card making video.

If you wish to visit my other blog then please click on the link

It is still in its early stages as I get to grips with developing and getting the format to how I want it but it all takes time.

I hope that you will all continue to follow me on the next stage of my crafting journey and thank you all so very much for your visits and comment too.

 Crafty Hugs as Always
xxxxx

20 comments:

  1. I understand that Linda it takes a lot of time blogging.
    goodluck with all the things you goind to do.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck Linda with all your new adventures.
    Debs xxx
    {Debs Cards}


    ReplyDelete
  3. I have often wondered how you manage to blog so often- I always struggle to do more than 2 posts a week- so I totally understand this. I really look forward to your tutorials and will pop over to the other blog too. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo lots of change, onwards and upwards Linda. See you tomorrow to catch up in person xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely with you on your crafty Journey Misses. Fully understand about the blogging. It's great that you have been able to take the time and think about which direction you want to go in. Good luck with the new blog. Enjoy your new adventures.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you have made a good decision Linda. Looking forward to viewing future projects.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too have always admired the way you manage to blog everyday when it can be a time consuming process. You've achieved so much Linda and I look forward to see ing where the new path takes you. Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you good luck in your new crafty journey Linda. I will of course still be visiting your blog and commenting on your beautiful creations.
    Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have come such a long way, in the few years I have been following you Linda, you have been an amazing inspiration to me personally. I wish you lots of love, and luck, in your journey forward...hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sensible, Sweetie! It all becomes too much in the end, and really does take you away from crafting. I don't have time to do much now, but I'm sorting my blog out and then will visit just the people on my list as and when I have time ... when I'm crafting. It really gets too much otherwise, and when you lead such a busy life (both of us in our different ways), it takes the fun away as well. You've done brilliant to have kept it up daily for all this time.

    Big hugs from both of us.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think as many peeps read blogs now, Linda, so your time will be well spent doing something you want & enjoy doing. Good luck with your new ventures xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda you have to do what is best for you. Your journey has taken you so far literally and figuratively. I will keep an eye out for your posts. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya Linda - Its amazing that you have kept up everyday blogging for so long - I haven't been able to do it and I don't work like you! I look forward to seeing your posts as and when they come! Take care of yourself! Big hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing you good luck in your new crafty journey Linda.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally understand I think you have been amazing treating us every day to very special posts I will now look forward to the same but less it will make it even more special with the anticipation of what will come later in the week. I will also take a look at the other blog. Hope your plans go well and you make more time to craft you are a very talented lovely lady love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I must admit I just blog as I make Linda. I do understand what you are saying. It's like visiting blogs too that is very time consuming too. I do it coz I love to see what people create (and coz I'm nosy 😂). I will look forward to your posts Linda. Good luck with everything you do. You work so hard. Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brrr snow, not a fan but not a fan in to the rain witch was faleeng here yesterday and some people got floded basemant :(
    Good luck on your new page, it is a time consuming to go thru all the blogs but I like towisit some of the great crafters, for inspirtions and just to se what they are up to, like you here so will be reeding you ;)
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good for you Linda!!! I hear you loud and clear too. Life's too short to spend all of our days on the computer. You already know I love looking at everything you create and I'll be checking out your other blog as well.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  19. Snow? what is that. We so rarely see such a thing in south tx. Its been 70-80 deg F this week

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've always admired how you managed to blog everyday Linda. I can only imagine how time consuming this must have been for you and fully understand your need to cut down as your exciting crafty journey takes up more of your time. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx