Followers

Saturday, 15 October 2016

Vintage Christening

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

Happy weekend to you all, nothing special planned for this weekend just chilling, possibly a bit of crafting but I am having a sort out of my stamps and dies that I don't use.

I have decided to sell them but just thinking about whether to put them on ebay or set up a selling group on Facebook.  What do you think? Any suggestions greatly received.

Today a vintage christening card, not done one of these before so will be interested to see what you all think.


Step by Step

1. 7 x 7 square white card, I have scored at the half way point on the front of the card and folded back.
2. I had no brown card so cut down Kraft card and distressed around the edges with DI ground espresso before matting and layering to the inside and front of the card.
3. I then took paper from the Blissful cocoa paper pack and distressed the edges before matting and layering over the Kraft card.
4. I then cut a piece of Kraft card distressed around the edges before matting and layering the image onto the card before adhering to the inside of the card.
5. Down the front of the card and added cream lace (this is from my trip to Turkey) then added pearl and gem trim.
6. To finish off I distressed the sentiment and added brown pearls to the inside corners of the card.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges.

Crafting with Friends #29 - Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party #141 - Anything Goes
Simply Papercrafts #38 - Anything Goes
Aud Sentiments #166 - Vintage + Sentiment
Crafting with an Attitude #20 - Always Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations #27 - Always Anything Goes

Many thanks for stopping by today.
Crafty Hugs

21 comments:

  1. I would sell on facebook LInda, I am not sure about ebay, I once sold on there and it cost me money so I am interested in stamps...got any beach scene ones...PM me if you have.

    Love your vintage Christening card and that lace is stunning.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda this is a stunning card. I love the vintage image you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow Linda this is just stunning i love everything about it so special hope you make some more . I think a facebook page is better and you get more crafter's looking at that rather than ebay Love and hugs Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this vintage card Linda, beautiful. I am off to a Christening this weekend- this would have been perfect. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous vintage card, love the background paper and the beautiful lace.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Linda. Such a stunning vintage theme. Concerning selling, if you put them on ebay by the time you pay fees etc, you have little or nothing in return, people expect to buy stamps for pence! I have never sold through FB so wish you luck!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. so very pretty Linda. Just adore that image and loving the lace

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful vintage christening card and great backing paper. Love the lace and grim border, Will have to take a look at the stamps, might me interested. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous,love the design.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Linda, just so beautiful, it's a lovely image and your card design is marvellous, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore this - brilliant work Linda! Gorgeous lace and wonderful image xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful vintage card design Linda,beautiful image.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Linda, I like the vintage image and the embellishments
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a nostalgic card Linda, love it. Fabulous lace and very pretty trim. Have a good Sunday
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully vintage, and such a lovely card! Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  16. it's a very beautiful vintage card Linda and fantastis lace.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  17. This reminds me of an actual family photo I have of my grandparents and my mother as a baby. Fantastic vintage card, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Facebook, rather then ebay...
    Amazing card, great desigin!!
    ♥Hugs Valentina♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just love the vintage photo and your card design. This is beautiful. Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx