Followers

Monday, 9 January 2017

A friend is someone...

Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors

How was your weekend?

Ours was a very busy one, I am starting to make head way on my projects for Canvas Corp Brand and managed to get a video recorded and edited.

A busy morning as hubby and I are off to the cinema this afternoon to see Rogue One, the prequal to Star Wars.  Have you seen it?  Would be interesting to see what you think of it, hubby is a big Star Wars fan.

Don't forget to check out my Mixed Media blog, new projects added every Wednesday and Saturday.

A cat card today featuring Tim Holtz Crazy Cats stamps.


Step by Step

1. Scalloped DL white base card.
2. Matted and layered orange card which has been distressed with DI Rusty Hinge.
3. To make the next layer I used Tim Holtz Sunburst stencil and used Gesso through the stencil, once this was dry I then used DI squeezed lemonade, fossilized amber and spiced marmalade, I then used a baby wipe to clean off the ink from the Gesso, distressed around the edges with rusty hinge before matting and layering onto base card.njnnnn
4. Stamped both cats with Versafine Vintage sepia then embossed with clear embossing powder, distressed with spiced marmalade and coloured with vintage photo distress marker before cutting out and adhering to card.
5. To finish off I stamped the Dylusions quote with Versafine vintage sepia and embossed, distressed with squeezed lemonade and distressed the edges with rusty hinge.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Crafting when we Can #135 - Anything Goes
Glitter n Sparkle #221 - Anything Goes
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends #49 - Anything Goes
Challenge up your Life #57 - DIY Background
Penny Black Saturday - Anything Goes
Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes

Many thanks for visiting today.
Crafty Hugs xxx

23 comments:

  1. Lovely card and a great sentiment.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to invest in these stamps. Love the background on this card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Linda, this is stunning! Love the inking on that sunburst xxSAMxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fabulous card Linda hugs S xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun creation Linda. I do love to colour cats!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh love the vibrancy and starburst effect in the background. Cute image to. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great card! I love the sentiment and these cats of Tim's I am so wanting to get! Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun design!! I love the happy and vibrant colors on this as well!! :) Have fun at your movie! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous,love the stamps.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda this is an amazing card those stamps are brilliant. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card and loving the cats. Enjoy the film. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun card, Linda.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just love those cats Linda and the bright colours are stunning. Hope you enjoyed the film. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card and love the background

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic card Linda, love these stamps and colours.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CWWC, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally love this!! Awesome stamps and the colors are fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  18. gorgeous card!
    love it!

    hugs, Ŧĭƙĭ
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  19. How could I have missed this cute awesome card, fab colours.xx{aNNie}

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I absolutely adore those two cats, Linda! Great sentiment and fab color combo. This one made me smile this morning. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sehr schön geworden!
    Danke, dass du bei CUYL dabei bist.
    Liebe Grüße
    Steffie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous ! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx