Followers

Friday, 21 July 2017

Family

Good Morning Crafty Friends

I am feeling a little better today, hoping to keep some food down me today.

You all know I love Tim Holtz, lets face it who doesn't!
Well yesterday I managed to get a ticket to one of his workshops in September, an early birthday present to me as my birthday is the day after.

Today I have used on of the Tim Holtz Etcetera small wooden tag to create this project.


Step by Step

1. I adhered Tim Holtz tissue paper to the back and front of tag then gave it a wash with Gesso, once this was dry I stencilled either side of the tag the brick wall stencil with modelling paste.
2. Once this was dry I used Distress Paint Vintage photo and gave it a colour wash again both the back and front.  Once dry I then went over with Distress Oxide Peacock feathers.
3. The door hinge and Family have been distressed with vintage photo paint, once dry distressed with DO peacock feathers adhered door hinge to the top of the tag.
4. Cut out the suitcases and then added the paper dolls as well as different ephemera from my stash along with a pen nib and some string before adhering "Family"
5. To finish off I added seam binding and made a bow out of different fibres but turned the bow upside down so the tails where stood up.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

Crafty Creations #346 - Always Anything Goes
The Male Room #65 - Mixed Media
Create and Makes #13 - Anything Goes
TTCRD - Anything Goes
Make My Monday - Travel/Vacation
The Corrosive Challenges #7 - Anything Goes

Many thanks for visiting!
Happy Crafting

21 comments:

  1. Stunning tag, Linda! Great added dimension. Beautiful!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your gorgeous tag.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Linda and enjoy your time in September.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fab tag Linda.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is very beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic and very beautiful vintage tag Linda
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tag Linda and as always a great vintage look. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda this is a stunning tag I love it. Enjoy the workshop it will be amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really great tag! Glad you are feeling better. How fabulous to be attending the Tim Holtz workshop. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag Linda, loving the vintage look. Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is fantastic. Love all the detail you've got in this tag. Thanks so much for playing along with our Mixed Media challenge at The Male Room, Deborah. DT.

    PS Enjoy the workshop with Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry to hear you haven't been well- I have had the same thing this week. Unfortunately I missed out on the Tim Holtz tickets though. Fabulous tag today- so many beautiful layers. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! my goodness, this is gorgeous, so much happening to make it scrumptious. Thanks for playing at The Male Room. Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful and vintage tag. I have old family photos that I need to do something like this with. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges, #346 Anything Goes. We look forward in seeing what you create for our next challenge. Good Luck with the Challenge. Kathy, CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, love this! Thank you for sharing this gorgeous tag with us at TMR. The background texture is fab and the paper dolls are a must for anyone's wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like your mixed media tag. Such a beautiful work :-))
    I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx