Good Morning Crafty Friends,
Today I am sharing with you my Powertex mannequin which I created along with Kath.
She has her own style and you can see hers here.
I have a lot of fun with this and sharing the finished mannequin and will then show the process in photographs, pull up a chair and a coffee and enjoy!
I am over the moon with how this turned out!
Now sharing the process photographs.
The first step was to wrap the plastic mannequin in florist tape then give a coat of Powertex. I added the toilet roll to the bottom so I could fill out the bottom of the dress.
Covered all the image in muslin and gave another coat of Powertex. You can see from this side view that I have filled out the back of the skirt for more fullness.
This is the back view of the cloak which is lightweight denim, actually an old summer dress of mine.
The denim was soaked in Powertex before moulding to the mannequin.
I have added lace around the top and loving the way the folds and creases were achieved.
I will admit that I got a bit frustrated at times but managed it in the end with help from Kath.
So this week we finished our mannequins. I gave it a couple of coats of white Gesso and then spray white pearlescent paint. Once this was dry I dry brushed with grey paint which brought out the detail of the fabric and creases.
Around the back I added 2 pearl strands the full length of the cape. Added the roses from Wild Orchid Crafts with pearl stems, the roses have been dry brushed with grey too.
Around the neck and waist I added pearl trim too.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Altered Eclectics - AG Mixed Media
Rhedds Creative Spirit - AG Mixed Media
Creative Artiste #29 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
That's Crafty - Anything but a card
The Crafty Addicts #38 - Anything Goes
Many thanks for visiting today