Followers

Thursday, 3 August 2017

Will you promise...

Good Morning Crafty Friends,

I had a wonderful crafty day yesterday with Kath.

I have been playing more and more with my new Distress Oxides, oh my I do love the backgrounds you can create with these! I added the sentiment because this reminded me of the woods in the dark and the children being a little bit frightened to be left on their own. What do you think?

Today sharing another card with a Distress Oxide background and Tim Holtz goodies.


Step by Step

1. 8 x 8 black square card base.
2. Matted and layered bronze pearlescent card.
3. Created the background with Distress Oxides in black soot, frayed burlap and antique linen. I then stencilled with trees with DO vintage photo, I then outlined the trees with Pigma Micron 01 black pen. 
4. On a separate sheet of card I stencilled the autumn leaves from Tim Holtz with DO spiced marmalade and vintage photo, cut them out and adhered to 3 of the corners.
5. To finish off I added the images from the Paper Dolls collection and added the sentiment
"will you promise never to leave me?"

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

TTCRD - Anything Goes
A bit more time to Craft #49 - Anything Goes
Cards Galore Encore - Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu - Anything Goes
Love to Craft #13 - Anything Goes

Many thanks for visiting today
Happy Crafting!

16 comments:

  1. Beautifully use of oxide inks. Love tree and vintage photo. Love it...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Linda I love your background it looks so interesting. Gorgeous card.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great looking card Linda and yes the background does look dark and I would have the same look on my face if I were there. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an incredible card Linda, loving the design and use of the Oxides.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great piece! The distress oxides make for a really spooky background. Love the paper dolls from Tim Holtz. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a stunning card Linda, love it! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes yes! Those distress oxides are so much fun play with for sure! :) Your design is so amazing here my friend! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing background Linda and along with the beautiful photo makes for a hauntingly beautiful card, love it Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully made - love your background.

    Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Made by Helen{My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this! Your attention to detail to amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Love To Craft Challenge Blog's "August Anything Goes" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, LTCCB DT
    Love To Scrap 2
    Love To Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx