Followers

Wednesday, 28 March 2012

Splish Splash

Good Afternoon to all my crafty friends and followers

I hope you are all basking in the sunshine, looks like the weather is going to change from tomorrow :(  Well I have been for my pamper session and I am feeling very relaxed.  I have a busy afternoon and evening getting a birthday card made for a special friend and an order too.  I made this card last night and intended to post it this morning but time has just run away from me and I wanted to post about an Award I had received from Karen. 


Recipe & Method

1.  The base card is from Kanban Crafts.  The first layer is from Tim Holtz Distress Collection of Core-dinations in weathered wood.  I have cut this out using one of my Spellbinder dies and then using Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Patchwork I have run it through my Grande Calibur.  I then took a sanding block and distressed the card.
2.  I stamped "Tommy splashing in Puddle" using Stazon ink onto Supersmooth card.  This stamps is one of Elisabeth Bell's Stamps which I won over at Elphine House, Australia.  I coloured Tommy in with my watercolour pencils and Spectrum Noir pens.
3.  Using Ranger's glossy accents I highlighted the puddle.
4.  To finish off the card I attached 4 buttons which I threaded raffia through before attaching to card with Pinflair.  The little duck was in my stash and he looks real cute by the puddle.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs

22 comments:

  1. Absolutely Gorgeous!!!! I can tell you should be my Sister lol, i just posted sneak peek of card on SSS FB, and it's something about the buttons we have on ours mind.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Love how you put that distessed stock with the lil boy splashing.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Gorgeous!!!!

    Hugs Hanny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda
    Another beautiful card, it is such a sweet image ( although as a boy he would not appreciate SWEET, well my boys would not.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lind,a well Ive just bought labels one and cant get enough of the shape , so this card has the wow factor for me .
    I love the image and your embossing is fab . Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the fun action in your card and how to topped it off with the buttons. Awesome. Have a great day / evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just great, Linda. I love Labels One too...I think it just changes a plaind shaped card into something special. The embossing and distressing techniques are also high on my list of favourites at the moment too. i love evrything about this card, my friend.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great card, Linda I love that coredinations paper too and you have made it so ideal to go with your image. I remember doing that in puddles when I was young (tomboy!)lol. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, I love the buttons, the blue background, the shapes it's all gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I clicked on to your blog and saw the title of this post "Splish Splash" just as the female team on The Apprentice said the name of their product "Splish Splash" - that made me giggle!

    Love the image on this card, really cute and the die it's in is lovely! The sanded embossed backgorund is a really good touch as well :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda, beautiful card, love that image. Thank you for joining our challenge at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great card ;o)
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. A lovely card and a great little image. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow this is stunning!!!! The colors the design image and buttons go so well together!!!! Another smashing card!!!!!! Wow Linda!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Card! What a Sweet Image! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Love to Create Challenge!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't this image so much fun?!!! I love your added buttons on your layout!! Really great take on the challenge! :) Thanks for playing along with us at the Elphine House Challenges! Hope that you will join us again in the next challenge and good luck! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki* ~ DT member

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I know this little boy, Linda! LOL I'm sure my youngest grandson was the model for the stamp. Gorgeous coloring and I love the way you did the background! Most effective.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for joining in with the challenge over at CYDA. Great card

    Hugs

    Nat x x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin. Great shaped card and such a fun image - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card, love the shape. Thanks so much for joining us at EHA
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely creation Linda. Thank you so much for participating in our challenge at Stampin for the Weekend this time and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ow this card is so pretty!
    Thank you for joining us at Elphine House Australia ;o)

    Janneke XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx