Whew what a busy day I had yesterday. In total I finished one lot of Design Team work and made 3 cards for me :). In total I made 9 cards yesterday, admittedly I should have gone to bed but you know when you are in the zone you just have to keep on going or when you go to bed your brain won't switch off. Must admit though when I did get to bed it took me about an hour to get to sleep. Well refreshed today and I have done quite a few jobs that needed doing before posting this card.
I made this card using Divine Divas which is a collaboration between the Glitter Girls and Jem's Designs. I love the beautiful divas on here and I picked Leyla. When I was married to my first husband who was Turkish, his cousins little girl used to call me Leyla and it stuck, so for 12½ years that is what I was called. :) I have made a very simple card to show how very versatile CD crafting can be! Using CD's can be as intricate as you want it to be as there are a lot of computer programmes that you can alter the images, backing papers, toppers etc to suit the size of card you wish to make.
Recipe and Method
1. Base card is Centura Pearlescent card from Crafter's Companion folded in half to make an A5 card.
2. I printed off the backing paper and the topper from the CD.
3. I matted the backing paper on the the base of the card and the topper was matted onto silver mirri card.
4. I have added lace which I bought from Polkadoodles at Harrogate and added the sentiment Birthday on top.
5. To finish off I added black pearl swirls and on the other 3 corners I have added black pearls.
Thank you for visiting my blog today