Followers

Sunday, 15 April 2012

Rick's Birthday Card

Good morning to my crafty friends, new followers and followers

We it is sunny here in Warrington but oh my goodness it sure is very chilly!  I hung my washing out in record time I can tell you!

Today I am showing you my card I made for my hubby's birthday yesterday!  I did make him one earlier in the year and put it away in a safe place, so safe I forgot where!  So Friday I spent remaking the card!  Before I show you my card I must tell you that my hubby Rick is a very keen gardener and he has this fasination with gnomes, we have them all over the garden and conservatory!  All shapes and sizes and I have threatened his family the severe punishment if they get him another one!  So with tongue in cheek I made him this card so he wouldn't feel sorry he didn't get a real one.  I just caught the beginning of Stamp Addicts on C & C and they had a set of stamps with gnomes on so I bought it there and then.  Well I will show you my card now :)


Recipe & Method

1.  Card base is 8 x 8 Pearlescent card which I have rounded the corners with my X-Cut corner punch.
2.  All 3 layers have been cut using Spellbinder Die, sorry can't remember the number in mink pearlescent, green silk card and the topper is Neenah card.
3.  I stamped the image using Momento ink and coloured the image with Derwent watercolour pencils.
4.  Distressed the edges of the topper with Dew Drop VersaMagic ink Gingerbread.
5.  The sentiments are from my Paintbox Poppet Stamps from Crafter's Companion
6.  The butterfly and bumble bee are from my charm stash.

Thank you for stopping by Today
Hugs

21 comments:

  1. Hi Linda
    A great card, I am sure he would be happy with this Gnome.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, whats wrong with a gnome or two!!?? lol.
    thank you for joining in at Secret Crafter Saturday challenge. hugs Linda G xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Linda xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute image, beautifully coloured, and the layers frame it perfectly. How lucky you saw the stamps so you could let hubby have one gnome for his collection x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda I love this image and your design is fab, your hubby will love it
    Jo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Linda, I like the image and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really gorgeous, I just love this image and your colouring is fab
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Smashing card Linda , love the colours and good luck with the challenge .....Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi hun back again, such a lovely card. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely card linda.

    greetings karin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How come we didn't notice these gnomes when we carried out our raids? I'm sure we could have relieved you of some of them and had a bit of fun with Rick, lol.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Linda .... you're as bad as me losing stuff! I hope hubby has a great day and received lots of Gnomes! Thanks for joining us in this weeks PanPastel challenge. Eileen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely creation and a great masculine card, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brilliant card Linda! I bet hubby loved it, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great card, Linda the gnome in the card is lovely too often the garden ones are not!! Losing a card! well I never heard that one before. lol :{} I bet every one of us has done that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous little gnome, Linda, and a terrific card for hubby! Love the color combo & die cuts you chose. Simple and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card for your Hubby, Linda. I'm sure he loved it!
    Thank you for sharing with us at FFF this time.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Brilliant Man's card
    Thanks for joining us at Secret crafter Saturday Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  20. A fantastic card hun! Thanks for playing at Joanna Sheen this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww! Such a sweet card - love the insect accents! Thanks for joining us at Wags 'n Whiskers! Hope you will join us again in the future!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx