Oh what a lovely inky messy play I have had today, playing with my distress stains, paints and inkadinks. Making allsorts of backgrounds, using my stencils and distress inks and off course my new Steampunk Birds stamps from Chocolate Baroque which I treated myself too before Christmas as a present to myself. Well it would have been rude not too, don't you think.
Today's card I have used the Owl, I love owls and of course you all know I love my Steampunk too!
1. Kraft card 6 x 6 square for the base.
2. Green card is the first layer which is matted and layered at an angle.
3. The second layer is one of the background I have made today using Distress Stains in Tattered Straw and Old Paper. Once this was dry I used Faded Jeans on the honeycomb and diamond stencil. I then used Vintage Photo on the Cogs stencils. I then adhered this to the green card and wrapped Baker's twine around one side.
4. The Owl has been stamped onto another background using Distress Paints using Versafine and embossed with Stampendous Embossing Powder.
5. I attached the heart charm to the brad which I attached to the cog.
6. To finish off I stamped the saying with reads "Owl you need is Love" with Versafine and embossed, then added the winder with Pinflair and the wooden top hat.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges.
Alphabet Challenge Blog - W for whatever you wish
Crafts 4 Eternity #156 - Something New (Stamps)
Simply Steampunk Challenges - Anything Steampunk
Sister Act Card Challenge #38 - Anything Goes
Stampin for the Weekend - Anything Goes
Thank you for visiting Today