Good Morning Crafty Friends, Followers and Visitors
Well the title of this post is rather tongue in cheek as at the moment here in the UK it is more like autumnal weather than summer. I want the sun and warm weather back!!!
Today's card is made for the Clarity challenge.
Step by Step
1. 7 x 7 cream square card from Anna Marie Designs
2. Matted and layered black and red card onto base card.
3. The topper background I created by spraying water onto Theuva card then adding Colour Burst,
I love how this background ended up after leaving it to dry. Using the Magpie stencil I distressed using DI hickory smoke.
4. On a white piece of card I drew around the stencil and then coloured the Magpie with my Derwent watercolour pencils, added glitter to the white area and using distress markers to colour in the branch, leaves and claws of the bird, I then fussy cut out and layered over the distressed magpie slightly off centre to give a shadow effect.
5. To finish off I stamped Summer in the corner, curving the stamp on my block, then added red pearls to the corners.
In the above photograph you can see the shadow and the dimension of the fussy cut magpie.
I would like to enter this into the following challenges:
Clarity Stamp #42- Fussy Cutting
Artistic Inspirations #162 - Anything Goes
Craft your Passion #323 - Always Anything Goes
A bit more time to Craft #25 - Always Anything Goes
Artistic Stampers - Anything Goes
Thank you for stopping by today.
Crafty Hugs xxxxx