Followers

Sunday, 30 July 2017

Windswept

Good Morning Crafty Friends,

How are you all enjoying your weekend so far?

I managed to get quite a few jobs crossed off my list yesterday and hoping to finish it off today.

Today I am sharing my canvas that I created on Wednesday whilst I was at Kath's for our arty crafty day.  Kath has done one similar and you can see hers over on her blog.

A combination of Powetex and IndigoBlu products have been used to create my canvas!

Warning there are a few photographs!


This is the finished piece, I have sprayed Junk and Disorderly acrylic paint leather corset over the complete canvas, left for 24 hours to dry before dry brushing kingfisher blue metallic paint over the textures.


This close up shows the textures which consist of burlap, hessian, string and muslin.
There are also beads and art stones too.


In this photograph you can see the stencilling on the canvas which was done using modelling paste and IndigoBlu stencils. I then dipped the materials into a Powertex product and arranged around the porcelain face.


In this close up you can see I have give her a hood.


In this photograph I have covered with Powertex to make it stiff and added the art stone and beads too give lots of dimension and textures.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:

TTCRD - Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Rhedds Creative Spirit - Anything Mixed Media Goes
613 Avenue Create #199 - Anything Goes
Love 2 Create #15 - Anything Mixed Media Goes
Mixed Media World #27 - Anything MM Goes (Natural Fibres)

Many thanks for visiting today!
Happy Crafting!










23 comments:

  1. oooooooooo I love this Linda, it's stunning and great colors you have used.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous canvas Linda, the design and choice of colour is gorgeous but just one thing I have to say, that face OH it give me the creeps. Maybe its because it's so white. Don't want to offend but just had to say it.Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, your canvas is stunning, love the hood around the porcelain face, also the beautiful colours and the lovely textures.

    Nicola ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fabulous project Linda. Stunning!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Linda, stunning piece of work, love how you've used the face and created the hood, fabulous colours and texture, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous creation and great tutorial Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, stunning project Linda. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great piece of work Linda. Love how you have added the face and wrapped a hood around it. So much texture and dimension, love it.
    Hugs Jennifer xx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! Super project Linda. Love the colour and all of the texture. TFS the photos.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow fabulous projects. Great work x

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, stunning work, thanks for taking photos along the way

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an incredible process for your creation! Amazing textures. Thanks for the extra photos, Linda! Fabulous project. Hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  13. A fabulous canvas Linda. Lovely technique and textures. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is fantastic! Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this week. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    TTCRD DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Through The Craft Room Door
    ttcrd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's fabulous, the arrangement of the fabrics draws your eye to the face. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just so awesome Linda..love everything about it..I have often wondered what I would do with powertex, now I've seen you project I will reconsider having a go with it..amazing results...
    Thank you for entering our challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic mixed media project hun, love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the texture on this! Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month, Jane (DT) :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW WOW WOW!! I am blow away with your creative work of art here Linda!! Such a brilliant design with your texture and details! Thanks for sharing this lovely project with us! HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. absolutely brilliant - I love this to bits!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for your comments. I really do appreciate them all and I do read them. I hope you have enjoyed your visit and come back again soon. Linda xxxx